Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Tuesday Obsessions

It's Tuesday! What better reason to share some of my recent obsessions? The weather is changing around here. There is a chill in the air in the early morning and the late evening. I know Fall is just around the corner. Rather than dread it this year, I choose to embrace it. Here are some things I am loving this late Summer/early Fall.
Love Love Love this new Vive Pro Nutri Gloss Conditioner by L'oreal. I posted a question about my long, dry, color treated, hard water exposed, pourous red hair on an internet board of hair gurus and this conditioner was suggested a few times. It is easily found at any drugstore and it is very inexpensive, so what the heck? I threw caution and about $3.99 to the wind and gave it a try. I am SO GLAD I did. It contains something they call cashmere....CASHMERE for less than 5 bucks? And I can wash my hair in it? That is just plain dreamy, and it does indeed work like a dream. I got the one for long dry hair and my hair is loving me for it. Yosh Omniscent---YUMMMMMM! This is one of the most perfect fall scents ever, in my humble opinion. I love Yosh Han and I love all her scents. She is a brilliant perfumer. The notes listed for Omniscent are:

YOSH Omniscent 0.96 blends notes of flowers, fruits, citrus, woods, incense and herbs for a lavish, sultry fragrance that’s a little spicy, a little smoky, a little warm, and a little sweet. A sensuous, dark honeyed drydown emerges that’s dangerous and magical. Notes include: gardenia, Egyptian tuberose, fig, lilac, violet, kush, Tunisian opium, vanilla, sandalwood, basil, clove, geranium and pink grapefruit.

To me, it smells of resiny woods, sweet pickles and the La Brea Tar Pits. That may sound strange to you, but believe you me....it is divine. Seriously.



I am also totally obsessed with Hayden Harnett bags, totes and other accessories. This photo is of the Hayden Harnett Cannes tote in Saffron. I am obsessed with all things Saffron this early fall. Is that not beautiful? And it would go with everything.

Hayden is located in Brooklyn and NYC, but you can find Hayden's wares all over the United States. The website is : HAYDEN HARNETT . You can order from the website or if you live near a Von Maur, they carry some of Hayden's items too.

This photo is of the Hayden Harnett Orsay bag. I love this. The funky colors and design make me happy. I will be carrying a Hayden Harnett this fall for sure. Check them out.


Nail polish is always an obsession for me.....manicures and pedicures are one of my favorite indulgences. I am totally loving the new Russian Collection by OPI! They are all beautiful colors for Fall, and the names are too cute--Kreme de la Kremlin, An Affair in Red Square, Boris and Natasha...etc- you get the idea. You can find the whole collection at one of my favorite websites for nail (and other beauty items) care --Head 2 Toe Beauty. You can peruse their awesome website here: HEAD 2 TOE BEAUTY .
They have a huge selection and awesome customer service.
BATH AND BODY WORKS . I adore Deborah Lippman.


Last but most certainly not least--I am obsessed with Big Brother 8 and Big Brother After Dark. I know it is lame, I know it is a huge waste of time--time that could be spent doing something good for the world.....but OH MY GOD, I cannot tear myself away. I swore this summer I would not watch it becasue it is on 3 nights a week (Sun, Tues and Thurs) and Big Brother After Dark on Showtime 2 is on 7 nights a week for 3 FREAKING HOURS A NIGHT. I am too cheap to subscribe to the live feeds, so Big Brother After Dark is the next best thing. I already pay for the cable so no harm, no foul....except that my TIVO is clogged up with hours and hours of BB After Dark now. I am loving America's Player Eric who is a weasely little man. I loathe Dick and Daniele and I miss seeing Nick because he was the only cute person in the house. Oh and Amber--not worthy of comment. I like Jameka and Zach is OK--strange but OK. Jen--I used to hate her, but now I kinda like her. It will all be over soon and life can get back to normal. Thank God and Julie Chen.

Oh and of course I am still secretly obsessing about Al Roker---but that goes without saying.

What are you obsessing about today? Please share with me!

Have a beautiful day!

(photo credits from www.walgreens.com , http://your-cosmetics.com/m/Yosh.php, www.haydenharnett.com , www.head2toebeauty.com , www.bathandbodyworks.com , and www.CBS.com .)

12 Comments:

Blogger Mellow Girl said...

I need to try some of that shampoo.
I like to switch is up sometimes - I use Paul Mitchell and Herbal Essence (Hello Hydration) most of the time. I have extremely long hair... and it can be rather dry sometimes.

6:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Yosh too. I love Big Brother too.
You mentioned everyone but Jessica. What gives, does she bore you? Even Amber who "does not merit a mention" got a mention and Jessica did not.

I think it will be Dick all the way. Just like Will, everyone hated him, but he still flipping won. I do not get it, but it is what it is.

10:52 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

J! So great to hear from you this morning!

I need to try that shampoo and conditioner, because I bet my hair is drier and frizzier than yours, hee, hee!

I'm not as excited about the Russians. The stars of the line, in my humble opinion, are Catherine the Grape and Affair in Red Square. But, check out China Glaze X (that's roman numeral 10)--better then Midnight in Moscow, and the Zoya Downtown collection's Suvi (shimmery emerald green) and Kotori (rich and shimmery sapphire).

Love the handbags. I'm afraid to check the site. I bet the prices are way up there, as all great bags seem to be these days. Sigh!

Will touch base with you soon, darling!

Hugs!

11:26 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Cashmere in shampoo, I've got to get me some of that!

It looks like I'm going to be in Chicago next week, I'll be working but I would love it if we could get together for drinks or something.

9:04 PM  
Blogger Pia said...

Hi ParisJ,
I hope you and your dogs are doing well.
The Yosh sounds delicious, now I am obsessing over it for this fall,thanks for the rec!
I checked out the Harnett bags, love,love,esp. the small hobos and clutches,since I'm petite.
The Vive Pro cashmere conditioner sounds wonderful. I use conditioning shampoo since most conditioners weigh my straight hair down. I'd give anything to have your beautiful wavy hair! I am going to try the Vive Pro Nutri Gloss though.
I am now obsessing over the OPI Russian Navy,lol! Saw it at my hair salon last week. It looks more like a neon blue though.It's gorgeous ,esp. for evening. The Siberian Nights is also lovely. I prefer the OPI Ink,it's a nice subdued navy.
Looking forward to your next blog,have a great week.

5:58 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Thanks for the tip on the Vive Pro conditioner - I am definitely going to try that myself.

You know what's more embarassing than having a "Big Brother" obsession? Being obsessed with "Scott Baio is 45 and Single." Yep, this is my shocking public confession - I have not missed one episode!

6:23 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Don't be ashamed I love Big Brother! It is so lame and I LOVE IT! I can't stand Jen, she is soo going home this week. I love Daniele, Dick, and Eric.

I love HH bags!!! Can't get enough! I want to try that shampoo too! :)

9:53 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I actually bought that Loreal Vive stuff.... but still in the cabinet. Haven't tried it. With this afro I have going on, I'm trying it today! Damn this OK humidity!! I, too, love the dark nails on other people, but I don't think I am quite posh enough to pull it off. :) If you take the plunge, take a pic of your hands. I want to see!! Hope you are well.

6:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am obsessing about Superbad,
Flooding, Comedy Central, my new dark hair after having blonde hair for years, and fake tans.

Obsession is a bad thing dear MonkeyPosh.

8:50 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I love that saffron bag, J. It's just beautiful. And thanks for the conditioner rec. I'm going to buy it today!

9:48 AM  
Blogger k said...

LOVE vive too! way better than much more expensive brands i've tried! also lately i'm into sunsilk hairapy. the one in the yellow bottle for volume is great- leaves my naturally curly/frizzy hair so soft.

2:26 PM  
Blogger Tracy said...

Thanks for the info on the vive conditioner, I got it for my daughter who has very long hair and we liked it so well that she wanted to try the shampoo as well... her hair looks amazing, it is so full of shine and no more tangles.. she loves it and actually is enjoying her beautiful hair for the first time in a very long time.. so thanks for the great info!

5:47 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home