Thursday, November 01, 2007

Beauty Product Challenge: day 4--Yes To Carrots!

Let me start off by saying--I love Walgreens.

I love all the choices and new products in the cosmetic section and they usually have a very nice lady working in the cosmetic section (shout out Mary and Nina). The other day I was at one of my local Walgreens and I was getting my products rung up in the cosmetic section and the nice lady named Mary asked me if I had tried the YES TO CARROTS brand. I had seen it, I told her but no, I had not tried it. Honestly, I probably would not have tried it, so she said "Oh give me your hand". She proceeded to rub some of the Yes To Carrots Body Butter on my hands and I was quite surprised at how wonderful it felt --and smelled. It actually felt very luxurious. Very thick and rich, and the smell was lovely. It smells of soft baby powder which is a smell I happen to love.

This is what the Yes To Carrots website has to say about it's products:

"Yes To Carrots™ is an incredible new line of Skin and Hair Care products that are all:
Paraben Free
High in Beta-Carotene from organic fruits and vegetables to help repair damaged hair and skin and give your body back its natural glow.
Rich in minerals and nutrients from the Dead Sea to help lock moisture in!
CAUTION: Products may cause you to smile more often! "


Since I was so enamored with the Yes To Carrots Body Butter, I decided to give the Pampering Hair Mud Conditioner a whirl. It says it is for all hair types, and I usually go for things made for dry hair, but I have to say, the Yes To Carrots Conditioner was pretty darn good. It is thick and rich and also smells slightly of baby powder with a hint of honey.

I would recommend the body butter over the conditioner, but both are wonderful products and worth a try. I use the body butter all the time and it works wonderfully on my dry skin.

Yes To Carrots is retailed exclusively at Walgreens or Walgreens.com

You can find them here YES TO CARROTS , or at HSN.com

(photos from Walgreens.com)

Oh and I just noticed that Walgreens.com now takes PayPal which is very cool.

Have a beautiful day!

6 Comments:

Blogger Pia said...

I've seen the brand on HSN's web site and been thinking of trying it. Thanks for the rec! I say yes to Carrots for this very drying coming winter!

12:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok Kooky Red Haired Girl
You go from Armani Crema Nera to Walgreens Carrot Juice Lotion?
Tell me the rhyme or reason. I do not get it. Nothing is making sense.

Loved meeting you in New York a few weeks ago. You are prettier than your pictures, but only slightly.

How did you learn to write so funny? And where did you learn table manners? Joke joke my little trifle.

2:54 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

I've seen these products in a lot of print ads. I'm interested, but I must say that "yes to carrots" has to be the worst brand name ever... is it weird or is it me?

4:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I must agree with Fightin'
I am sure they could have thought of a better name than Yes to Carrots.
Yes to Roots is even catchier.
Yes to Orange.
Yes to Vegetables.

no to carrots is my verdict. I may try the products, but I will never understand the name.

5:59 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Pia-
You should give it a try. The cold dry winters are murder on my skin and hair. This product is inexpensive and I truly love the body cream.
Have a great day.

LEMON COOKIE-
I was wondering if you would ever stop by.
How is life in Milan?
Thanks for your kind words.
Little Trifle!!!

Lovely day to you.

Hi Mary!
I agree, it is a crazy name and not very effective in selling beauty products. It sounds like a health supplement or something.
Thanks for the Halloween greeting!
Have a great day!

6:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So glad you tried Yes to Carrots and enjoyed it! Thanks for the shout-out!

Would love to send you some free samples as a thank you.



Here's the form

http://tinyurl.com/5fqgmn



Let me know if you have any questions.



Jeremy

carrotattache@yestocarrots.com

5:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home