Friday, November 02, 2007

Beauty Product Challenge :day 5- Kerastase Oleo Relax

Divine--that is the word that sums up Kerastase Oleo Relax to me.

I started using this conditioner (they call it a daily treatment masque for dry rebellious hair) about 6 years ago and I have been having a love affair with it ever since. We go through dry spells where we do not see each other for a while because sometimes the Oleo Relax is hard to find, but then because destiny is a beautiful thing, we find each other and we pick up right where we left off.
Dry and rebellious is EXACTLY how I would describe my hair, and this product does indeed address those issues. At first I was turned off by the word masque or mask as we say in the King's English. I had used masques/masks for the hair before and I was nary impressed. The Kerastase Oleo Relax is so rich and thick and effective. It leaves my hair soft and shiny and it totally relaxes my crazy waves and makes them less obnoxious. Those of you with naturally curly or wavy or "cowlicky" hair know exactly what I mean when I say our hair can be obnoxious.

I love many conditioners, but I must say that this one has never let me down. It is sold at salons only, and as I said, it can be a bit hard to find but it is worth the search.

You can find information on their products here: KERASTASE WEBSITE as well as a Salon Locater for purchasing.

Have a relaxing day.

(photo from Kerastase website)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Back to the pricey items are you? I love this conditioner but it is a treat because it is like $30 dollars. I know a little goes a long way, but that is so expensive.
I like the Nutrivive Loreal stuff you talked about a couple of months ago. I can afford that.

6:48 AM  
Blogger baconwrappedfriedchicken said...

oooh... I'm picking this up the next time I get my hair cut. Which is almost never. Hah!

xox

8:47 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Anon-
Pricey or non pricey--I am just writing about things I use and have an opinion on. I do not write to any certain demographic--I just write about things that interest me.
I love the Nutri Vive in the pink bottle too. LOVE IT and it is very reasonable pricewise.
Have a good day.

Hi Angela Toots!

You should def try it. Can you get it at Juan Juan --which I insist on calling WHAN WHAN?
xoxo to you pretty girl!

10:20 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have lovely red hair. I had no idea you had wave or cowlicks as you always have it in sleek and pulled back when I see you.

Have you tried Ojon?

10:27 AM  
Blogger Nicky said...

I love Kerastase. I use the Oleo Relax Serum everyday before blowdrying. Just one little pump in my hand and one bottle has lasted over a year. It's the best!!

1:14 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

You are on a roll, blogging everyday now!!

I haven't tried anything from the Kerastase line yet...my salon is all about Rene Furterer. I'm getting highlight on Sunday...can't wait!

2:02 PM  
Blogger k said...

i'm gonna try this. i know we have similar hair so i trust you. i remember "oleo" being an old word for margarine. is there margarine in this stuff?!

and how do you say "kerastase"?- always wondered.

i love all the vive stuff too. the original colorvive from years ago is still my all time favorite shampoo & conditioner. r.i.p.

1:16 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home