Sunday, April 02, 2006

Spring is in the air, and on the face and feet

The birds are chirping, the sun is shining, everyone is in a better mood. When spring hits this cold and depressing part of the world, it seems as though everyone comes alive. Thoughts turn to fun and frivolity, short sleeved shirts, mojitos on the pati0, hot new sandals to show off our painted toenails, and of course new makeup colors. The nudes and monotone colors of winter morph into the pastel, light shimmers of something fresh and hopeful.

One of the most beautiful new spring makeup items I have seen this season is this beautiful palette by Bobbi Brown. I stumbled upon it while looking at Gloss.com.

I orderd this because I do believe it is going to be limited edition, and I just could not let this beauty slip by. The colors are amazing. It looks like a piece of art.

Another beautiful thing I stumbled upon ( and will probably stumble in) are these lovely Prada sandals. I adore them. I have been looking for a perfect, bubble gum pink, peep toe pump. The heel on this may be a little too high for the Suburbs--but maybe I can work them on vacation somewhere.
What are some of your fashion/makeup wishes for Spring?

(photos are from Gloss.com and Saks.com)

7 Comments:

Blogger Yesrie said...

Shut UP with the Prada slings! LOVE them. (They look shell pink on my monitor :>) I've always been a sucker for "Mary Jane" straps, even though they accentuate the incredible width of my feet and the sturdy, sequoia nature of my ankles.

Yez
pdbyu - paid by you :-)

8:06 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I wish MAC would make an eyebrow pencil that's perfect for mousy-haired gals like me. Fling is a nice cool taupe but a little too light, and Lingering has the right depth but it's a little too warm. They need one called Sauteed Mushroom or Dirty Dishwater to match the color of my hair.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Yez,
How are you? I guess the slings are in fact a shell (light bubble gum sorta) pink.

ROFL the sturdy, sequoia nature of your ankles!!!
You always make me laugh Yez!

Melvis,

I know RIGHT? I am not sure where I will wear them, but I MUST have them. They are like art.

Constance--
I love them too. One of my top lemmings of the moment.

Hi K,

Have you tried a brow gel? You know as a redhead I am pretty fair myself so I use gel. Damone Roberts makes a great one, and so does Revlon.
You could always go somewhere that will dye them the color of your hair. ROFL on your sauteed mushroom brows!!!
How is that beautiful girl of yours?

xoxo
Jen

5:02 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

I LOVE that spring pallete. Leave it to you, PJ, to give me more lemmings!!!

What a gorgeous color collection, and BB does not usually do those pastels.

Also, those shoes whould look hot on you.
xoxox
to F & N

6:21 PM  
Blogger Yesrie said...

:-D I'm fine, J - not sure whether you caught the dramedy about the emails from my DD, but otherwise things are normal! Someone wants the pattern for one of my scarves {{{preen!}}} and our beagle scared the daylights out of a dawg-phobic visitor (hmm, possible blog topic...).
Yez

1:58 PM  
Blogger Kristen said...

J, have you gotten the palette yet? I spotted it at Bergdorf's, and it was just so much tinier than I expected. Sooo pretty though!

8:06 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

K-
Yes, I got the palette. I was surprised it was so small also. I have not used it yet, but the colors are beautiful.
It crumbled a little in shipping which ticks me off, but it does not tick me off enough to send it back. I guess I am lazier than I am ticked-HA!

Have a good day sweets!

2:11 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home