Thursday, December 28, 2006

Favorite Things 2006! Happy New Year!




So another year has come and gone.. Another year of living, learning, sharing, growing- blah blah blah and BEAUTY PRODUCTS! I could wax poetic all day about all the wonderful and tragic things that happened in 2006, but I think I will just sidle up to the computer with a glass of wine and list my favorite items that equate to all things beauty to me.

This year I am traveling again amidst the Favorite Things Blogger Bonanza. I am distracted and busy, so my list will be cut short, and I will probably leave some things off, thus misrepresenting myself and the things I love, thus making myself very anxious and freaky, but oh well . Lists do that to me....they always have. Because I am out of town and short on time, I will not be able to add graphics to make my post visually interesting--sorry. Blogger and my laptop are not good friends.


**FAVORITE SKIN CARE ITEMS OF 2006-

1. Rilastil facial sun screen

2. Cle de Peau la creme

3. Kanebo Sensai eye cream

4. Creme de La Mer cream

5. SK11 De Wrinke Essence

6. Kiehls Cryste Marine eye cream

7. Ole Henriksen Fresh Start eye cream

8. Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum

9. La Mer Facial Serum

10. Olay Definity deep penetrating foaming moisture ( this was a shocker love for me. I had no idea how fab this stuff is!)



**FAVE BODY CARE ITEMS OF 2006

1. La Mer Body Cream

2. Nivea Creamy Conditioning Oil ( My HOLY GRAIL)

3. The Body Shop Body Cream in Coconut

4. Johnson and Johnson Baby oil

5. Estee Lauder Tom Ford Azuree body oil

6. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream

7. Johnson and Johnson Jasmine Baby Powder

8. Eucerin Body Lotion

9. Hawaiian Tropic Baby Faces 50 Plus Sunblock. ( I always use this at the beach- it says it is for faces, but I slather it on the whole bod)

10. Kiehls Creme de Corps body lotion.

11. L'occitane Shea Butter body cream. I know I added an extra here, but I have loved this stuff forever.

**FAVE BATH PRODUCTS OF 2006

1. Jo Malone bath oil in Lime Basil Mandarin, Nutmeg Ginger, and 154.

2. Chanel No. 5 Bath oil

3. Kiehls Coriander Shower Gel

4. Les Baines Marias bath oil in Fleur de Orange

5. Jo Wood Usiku Body Oil

6. Lush soap in Demon In The Dark

7. Claus Porto shower gel in Tubereuse

9. Narciso Rodriguez for her Shower Gel

10. Kiss My Face Lime shave gel /also I must add Trader Joes Honey Mango shave gel.

**Favorite Hair Care Products 2006

1. Kerastase Oleo Relax Hair Masque

2. Infusium 23 Leave In Conditioner

3. SachaJuan Leave In Condtiioner

4. Renee Furterer Paris Carthame No Rinse Protective Cream

5. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment

6. TiGi S Factor Deam Drops Shine On!

7. Redken Butter Treat Conditioner

7. Infusium 23 Complete Moisture Restoration Treatment
(whoops I added 7 twice)
8. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner

9. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk

10. Alterna Caviar Shampoo



**TOP TEN MAKEUP FAVORITES OF 2006

1. CLE DE PEAU CONCEALER STICK--yes I am screaming this from the mountain tops--even though there are no mountains in New Orleans. This is my number one favorite beauty products of 2006. I love love love it.

2. Guerlain, YSL, and Estee Lauder Mascaras ruled for me this year.

3. Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous for a bit of glow.

4. YSL Touche Eclat

5. La Mer Powder for face

6. Cover Girl Mink Eyeshadow (this has been a holy grail of mine for ever)

7. Tarte Blushing Bride blush stick

8. Chantecaille lip gloss in Charm

9. Benefit High Brow highlighter stick

10. Chanel Nude lip liner

**Favorite Nail Products of 2006

1. OPI Nail Envy

2. Christian Dior Abricot cuticle cream

3. Lippman Collection The Stripper polish remover

4. Lippman Collection Rich Girl hand cream with SPF (adore this stuff)

5. OPI polish in Bubble Bath

6. Essie polish in Wicked

7. Chanel polish in Image Rose, Black Satin, and Vamp

8. China Glaze polish in Chocodisiac

9. OPI polish in Rose Petals

10. OPI polish in Mrs. O'Leary's Bar B Q



**Last but not least, my Favorite Fragrances of 2006

1. Creed Aubepine Acacia

2. Frederic Malle Le Parfum De Therese

3. Bond New Haarlem

4. Dior Eau Savage

5. Stella in Two

6. Le Labo Tubereuse EDP


There were really no other fragrances that moved me in 2006 that I can recall at this moment. I am sure I wll think of more throughout the day.

My fave scent for the home of 2006 was the GORGEOUS Aedes De Venustas candle by l'Artisan. Blogger will not let me post any photos, and I do not have time to mess with it, but I do have a lovely photo of the gorgeous and soon to be legendary Aedes De Venustas candle.

My favorite fashion item of 2006 would have to be my
Nikolaki top by the handsome and talented Nick Verreos and David Paul.


Please check the lists of all the other beautiful and wonderful bloggers below in the list of links. I so look forward to reading everyone's list, but will not be able to do so till after the New Year.

I would like to send wishes for a wonderful New Years to everyone out there and I would like to wish an EXTRA SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVELY AND KIND ANNIE AT BLOGDORF GOODMAN!!! Thanks for putting this together Annie.
I was going to post a photo of Nigella Lawson who looks like Dear Annie, but....damn blogger! BEAUTIFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Thanks also to Melanie for the graphic!


  • Afrobella


  • All About The Pretty


  • Aromascope


  • Beauty Addict


  • Beauty Blogging Junkie


  • Beauty by Nadine


  • Beautiful Makeup Search & Beauty Blog


  • Beauty Hatchery


  • Beauty Jones


  • Blogdorf Goodman


  • BonBons in the Bath


  • Brain Trapped in Girl's Body


  • Capital Hill Barbie


  • C'est Chic


  • Coquette


  • Crazy Jay Blue


  • eBeautyDaily


  • Girl's Handbook


  • Hautemommastuff


  • Koneko's *Mostly* Beauty Diary!


  • Legerdenez


  • Makeup Bag


  • Monkeyposh


  • My Muse


  • No one knows why the wolf laughs


  • Now Smell This


  • Perfume Smellin' Things


  • Peppermint Patty's Perfume Posse


  • Platinum Blonde Life


  • Scentzilla!


  • She'll Be Feverish After So Much Thinking


  • Slap of the Day


  • The Customer Is Always Right


  • The Daily Obsession


  • The Great She Elephant


  • The Life As A Ladybug


  • The Non-Blonde


  • Urbane Girl


  • Victoria's Own


  • Bois de Jasmin


  • Product Girl
  • 15 Comments:

    Blogger Annieytown said...

    I love the setup of this list Peej!
    I know melvis will love the nail polish category!

    You(and beauty hatchery) have me intrigued with this Ole Henriksen. I will have to explore his line.

    I love the shout out to Tom Ford's Azuree oil(it was my #1) and I really need to try those Jo Wood products. Your skincare recs are amazing and I am off to write them down. Your skin is perfect so I know that I need to be stockpiling these products.

    Have a lovely and safe trip Peej. I hope 2007 is a great year for all of us!

    6:59 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Happy travels, happy new year! And w00t w00t for Tom Ford's oil of wonder!

    8:06 AM  
    Blogger Marina said...

    OK, Lush soap in Demon In The Dark! Lemming alert! Lemming Alert! What a fantastic list. High five on Le Parfum de Therese!
    Happy New Year!

    9:07 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I see some La Mer in my immediate future, since I'm on a hunt for a serum. Can'y go wrong with La Mer, right?
    Many other bloggers have talked about Bond, but you're the only one who mentioned my favorite, New Haarlem.

    Happy New Year!

    12:21 PM  
    Blogger katiedid said...

    Great list, J. I actually prefer the TJ shave cream because it smells so gooooood, and it's cheaper than the regular Alba Botanica stuff - what could be better!

    I too am addicted to the L'Occitane shea butter cream. It's just so good, and so rich, and there's nothing else to compare it to, really.

    I really haven't tried the Claus Porto line at all - must look into that one. And I had been pondering that Dior cuticle cream, but passed on it last time I was at the counter because I hadn't heard anything about it from anyone I trust - that's my next Dior purchase now :)

    Have you tried the Les Nez stuff, yet? You should so get ahold of a sampler of their 'fumes if you haven't yet. I think you'd find them, at the very least, interesting.

    3:41 PM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Hello Parisjasmal!
    Had a great time w/ your list. I need to try the Kanebo Sensai eye cream! It sounds wonderful. And the SK11 De Winkle Essence as well! I get Japanese beauty mags, and those two pop up a lot!
    I have a sample of the Lippmann's Rich Girl Hand cream, and must try that at once!
    I keep seeing the Tom Ford Azuree oil pop up, and so this ought to be tested as well!
    Happy new year!!!

    2:57 AM  
    Blogger Bela said...

    Nice list. :-)

    Happy New Year!

    6:30 AM  
    Blogger Caitlin Shortell said...

    Thanks for all your tips. I see so much for me to try in the future. And fabulous taste in perfume. Fabulous.
    Happy New Year.

    8:08 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Fab list, Jen!

    I forgot to include the Azuree Oil, but hope it is reissued!

    Will definitely try some of your skin care recs!

    Have a great trip & Happy 2007!

    9:45 AM  
    Blogger Victoria said...

    Love Carol's Daughter too! Great list, I've made notes to check somethings out! Thanks and Happy New Year! - Victoria

    11:36 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I'm so impressed you just whipped this list together while on the road - that way we know they're your truest most favorite things :) So many things I want to try, especially the various bath oils. MMM.

    7:39 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    I love your list, there's so much I would like to try but seem not to have access to. I'll have to do something about that. :) I loved seeing you mention that Lush soap, it's a favorite of mine as well.

    Happy New Year!

    6:32 PM  
    Blogger Jennifer said...

    Happy New Year to you, Forrest and the hubbin. :) Hope it is wonderful and we see lots more posh things that a monkey loves!

    10:18 AM  
    Blogger red-queen said...

    Peej, I am absolutely IN AWE of your extensive list! So much here to explore...thanks :>)

    7:03 AM  
    Anonymous Anonymous said...

    Please forgive me, for I am tagging you: TAG!

    See my Tagged! post at http://triticumturgidum.blogspot.com.

    If you choose not to do it I will not be annoyed in the least. :-)

    4:28 PM  

    Post a Comment

    << Home