Favorite Things 2006! Happy New Year!
So another year has come and gone.. Another year of living, learning, sharing, growing- blah blah blah and BEAUTY PRODUCTS! I could wax poetic all day about all the wonderful and tragic things that happened in 2006, but I think I will just sidle up to the computer with a glass of wine and list my favorite items that equate to all things beauty to me.
This year I am traveling again amidst the Favorite Things Blogger Bonanza. I am distracted and busy, so my list will be cut short, and I will probably leave some things off, thus misrepresenting myself and the things I love, thus making myself very anxious and freaky, but oh well . Lists do that to me....they always have. Because I am out of town and short on time, I will not be able to add graphics to make my post visually interesting--sorry. Blogger and my laptop are not good friends.
**FAVORITE SKIN CARE ITEMS OF 2006-
1. Rilastil facial sun screen
2. Cle de Peau la creme
3. Kanebo Sensai eye cream
4. Creme de La Mer cream
5. SK11 De Wrinke Essence
6. Kiehls Cryste Marine eye cream
7. Ole Henriksen Fresh Start eye cream
8. Mario Badescu Anti Acne Serum
9. La Mer Facial Serum
10. Olay Definity deep penetrating foaming moisture ( this was a shocker love for me. I had no idea how fab this stuff is!)
**FAVE BODY CARE ITEMS OF 2006
1. La Mer Body Cream
2. Nivea Creamy Conditioning Oil ( My HOLY GRAIL)
3. The Body Shop Body Cream in Coconut
4. Johnson and Johnson Baby oil
5. Estee Lauder Tom Ford Azuree body oil
6. Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream
7. Johnson and Johnson Jasmine Baby Powder
8. Eucerin Body Lotion
9. Hawaiian Tropic Baby Faces 50 Plus Sunblock. ( I always use this at the beach- it says it is for faces, but I slather it on the whole bod)
10. Kiehls Creme de Corps body lotion.
11. L'occitane Shea Butter body cream. I know I added an extra here, but I have loved this stuff forever.
**FAVE BATH PRODUCTS OF 2006
1. Jo Malone bath oil in Lime Basil Mandarin, Nutmeg Ginger, and 154.
2. Chanel No. 5 Bath oil
3. Kiehls Coriander Shower Gel
4. Les Baines Marias bath oil in Fleur de Orange
5. Jo Wood Usiku Body Oil
6. Lush soap in Demon In The Dark
7. Claus Porto shower gel in Tubereuse
9. Narciso Rodriguez for her Shower Gel
10. Kiss My Face Lime shave gel /also I must add Trader Joes Honey Mango shave gel.
**Favorite Hair Care Products 2006
1. Kerastase Oleo Relax Hair Masque
2. Infusium 23 Leave In Conditioner
3. SachaJuan Leave In Condtiioner
4. Renee Furterer Paris Carthame No Rinse Protective Cream
5. Ojon Restorative Hair Treatment
6. TiGi S Factor Deam Drops Shine On!
7. Redken Butter Treat Conditioner
7. Infusium 23 Complete Moisture Restoration Treatment
(whoops I added 7 twice)
8. Carol's Daughter Black Vanilla Leave-In Conditioner
9. Carol's Daughter Hair Milk
10. Alterna Caviar Shampoo
**TOP TEN MAKEUP FAVORITES OF 2006
1. CLE DE PEAU CONCEALER STICK--yes I am screaming this from the mountain tops--even though there are no mountains in New Orleans. This is my number one favorite beauty products of 2006. I love love love it.
2. Guerlain, YSL, and Estee Lauder Mascaras ruled for me this year.
3. Benefit Some Kind of Gorgeous for a bit of glow.
4. YSL Touche Eclat
5. La Mer Powder for face
6. Cover Girl Mink Eyeshadow (this has been a holy grail of mine for ever)
7. Tarte Blushing Bride blush stick
8. Chantecaille lip gloss in Charm
9. Benefit High Brow highlighter stick
10. Chanel Nude lip liner
**Favorite Nail Products of 2006
1. OPI Nail Envy
2. Christian Dior Abricot cuticle cream
3. Lippman Collection The Stripper polish remover
4. Lippman Collection Rich Girl hand cream with SPF (adore this stuff)
5. OPI polish in Bubble Bath
6. Essie polish in Wicked
7. Chanel polish in Image Rose, Black Satin, and Vamp
8. China Glaze polish in Chocodisiac
9. OPI polish in Rose Petals
10. OPI polish in Mrs. O'Leary's Bar B Q
**Last but not least, my Favorite Fragrances of 2006
1. Creed Aubepine Acacia
2. Frederic Malle Le Parfum De Therese
3. Bond New Haarlem
4. Dior Eau Savage
5. Stella in Two
6. Le Labo Tubereuse EDP
There were really no other fragrances that moved me in 2006 that I can recall at this moment. I am sure I wll think of more throughout the day.
My fave scent for the home of 2006 was the GORGEOUS Aedes De Venustas candle by l'Artisan. Blogger will not let me post any photos, and I do not have time to mess with it, but I do have a lovely photo of the gorgeous and soon to be legendary Aedes De Venustas candle.
My favorite fashion item of 2006 would have to be my Nikolaki top by the handsome and talented Nick Verreos and David Paul.
Please check the lists of all the other beautiful and wonderful bloggers below in the list of links. I so look forward to reading everyone's list, but will not be able to do so till after the New Year.
I would like to send wishes for a wonderful New Years to everyone out there and I would like to wish an EXTRA SPECIAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO THE LOVELY AND KIND ANNIE AT BLOGDORF GOODMAN!!! Thanks for putting this together Annie.
I was going to post a photo of Nigella Lawson who looks like Dear Annie, but....damn blogger! BEAUTIFUL NEW YEAR TO ALL!
Thanks also to Melanie for the graphic!