Saturday, March 03, 2007

Beautiful Things

Today is a blustery, snowy, gray, freezing and all around miserable day in the Chicago area. I am very sick of winter. I am going to try to remain positive today, so I will start by posting some things I find beautiful and spring like. This is the gorgeous Keya Leather Tote by Jimmy Choo. I think his purses get better every season. I love the texture and the color of this bag. The blue/black is so pretty. I love navy blue and I have been on a crusade to bring it back for 2 years now. I'm bring navy back. All you others don't know how to act. I digress. Back to the pretty things. These Jimmy Choo Heron Slingbacks are so lovely and summery. I adore the shade of green and the dainty feel of the shoes. These remind me of a garden party in The Hamptons.





This is a Vera Wang Silk Dress. The folks at www.net-a-porter.com say it is lavendar, but I would beg to differ. It looks like a deep violet to me. I love this dress. I love the Grecian feel and the high empire waist. I want to wear it on Mykonos at a restaurant by the beach.
Gray is supposed to be the color this Spring. My European magazines tell me so, and since I believe everything my European fashion magazines tell me, because they are my bible, and if I do not read them daily, I may burn in hell, I will be wearing gray this spring. Gray does not make me feel Springy in the least, but I do adore gray. This is the Gray Herringbone Blazer from Jovovich Hawk. Jovovich Hawk is the design line by the gorgeous model and actress Milla Jovovich and model Carmen Hawk. I think the line is great. Very feminine and tasteful. I will probably purchase this blazer for Spring--then wear it into winter.
I am so in love with this B&D Tuxedo Bag. I have recently become a big B&D fan after getting to see one of their fashion shows. Their bags are cutting edge, functional and by far more interesting than most. I love the details on this one. This might just be my next bag purchase--again with the gray for Spring-because the magazines tell me so.

All photos from www.net-a-porter.com .
I hope your weather is better than mine. Have a beautiful day!

10 Comments:

Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Okay, now totally, I always see your cute pics, and find myself only wishing I could be that stylish. Like you are Posh Spice, and I am Baby-Spit-up Spice.

(But, that last grey bag? I love it. I want it!)

Love, BSU Spice.

7:18 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I love it all, but I adore those shoes!

4:29 PM  
Blogger Nicky said...

oh gosh, i love that bag! and i'm sorry about your chilly, sucky weather. i am pissed b/c they say it's going to reach 90 this week! that is way too freaking hot for march, wanna trade weather for a little bit? hope it's nice when i come visit chicago in the end of april!

11:05 PM  
Blogger Jamie said...

I heart that blazer. So adorable - esp. the detail on the sleeve!

7:58 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

In spite of the fact that redheads were commanded to wear warm colors like mustard and pee back in the 1980s when Color Me Beautiful hit the shelves, it is my humble opinion that almost no color suits a redhead better than soft grey. You will look smashing this spring.

9:12 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

I LOVE that bag, J, and I'm not even a big purse fan. But, I did splurge and buy those red shoes I was gabbing about last week. :)

Hugs! Hope your babies are doing well. Please keep us updated.

10:38 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

Oh, I'm drooling on my keyboard.

2:12 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey C-
Baby Spit Up Spice--HA! That is a good one!

xoxo

Jen-
I yes, the shoes are so pretty. I love green!

Nicky-
90 degrees--WOW. That is warm for March even for Arizona. I hope that does not mean you are in for a mean summer. It should be beautiful here at the end of April.
Let me know if you want to meet for coffee.

Hi Jamie-
I love that blazer too. So interesting. It looks classic without being stuffy.
Hope you are well sweets!

Hey WW-
Color Me Beautiful--HA. I know all my older female relatives were so excited to "Get their colors done" when I was a kid. They were all "I am a summer". "I am a winter." HA
Thanks for the kind words.

Lovely day to all!

7:50 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi VN--
Hooray you got your red shoes! The ones at Nordies you spoke of? I am happy for you. There is nothing more minxy than a lady in red shoes!
Thanks for the wishes on the babies. Forrest goes in for more tests this week.
Hugs to Lily!

OH TESSA--
Long time no see. I have been missing your posts. I know you have been busy with the move. I hope that went well and you are all settled in!

xoxo

7:53 PM  
Blogger katiedid said...

Ach~ I love that grey jacket. I would love to wear that, it's to. die. for. (Now if only I could wear sleeves like that - I have to wear straight sleeves or it looks funny on me!.) On this list, I'd pick that jacket above all else, just gorgeous AND wearable.

6:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home