Friday, March 30, 2007

Chanel Eclair and Reader Requests



Since blogging about the new CHANEL ECLAIR nail polish a couple of months ago, I have received 47 e-mails from readers asking if I found it, where to find it, if I could mail them some, and if I have found any good look alikes, etc. I have done my best to try to answer them all, but work, travel, time and other obligations find a way to get in the way.
No, I did not find the Chanel Eclair in the U.S., but some of my awesome new friends in Australia are generous enough to send me a bottle, and an awesome reader in London sent me a very cool look alike. In the meantime, I have found 3 polishes that I think come close. I have found nothing that has the splendor of the Chanel Eclair, but I find these to be close none the less.

(Please forgive the photos. The glare off the glass is something I can't ever get right. I am many things, but I am not a photographer.)

This is Misty by the awesome Deborah Lippman. Misty seems to be very close according to the photo from the magazine--at least in my humble opinion. Lippman products can be found at www.lippmancollection.com , and at select Nordstrom stores--as well as many other places.


I know Love My Nails is not a glamorous brand, however this is a nice bronzey color called Iced Copper #503. It is lighter than Misty, but a very pretty copperish bronze. Love My Nails can be found at many drug stores across the country.


This is the #621 Star Dust by Rimmel London. This is a beautiful bronze with tons of shimmer and a touch of sparkle. Rimmel products can be found at Walgreens and Target, as well as many other drugstores across the US. This one was sent to me by a reader in London--Thanks Carmen!

Readers also sent in suggestions about some OPI colors that are close. I hope these suggestions can help you , and if you have any other Chanel Eclair look alikes please be sure to let me know.

Have a beautiful day!

5 Comments:

Blogger saradbean93 said...

I have managed to get my hands on a bottle of the elusive Eclair! I found it in a random search on eBay, and snapped it up immediately! The colour is gorgeous - a brilliant, shiny gold foil-ish looking colour, that is the gold equivalent of Chanel's Silver polish (part of a duo released in Europe). I've tried many other "knockoffs" from many other brands, and nothing even comes close. So if you manage to find a bottle for sale, snag it right away because it is most certainly worth it!

P.S. Love the blog, and keep up the great work! :@)

11:49 AM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

Eclair is sweeping our country and beyond.

My people love your content in last release to us.
Have you heard from the H&Q people?
If not, they will be in touch.

Please notify us when you get your parcel.

I hope you love the Chanel Eclair.

2:18 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Congrats Saradbean for finding the Eclair! I hope you are enjoying it!
Thanks for the kind words and thanks for stopping by.
Have a lovely day!

Hello A-

Eclair is indeed the rage Down Under. I e-mailed you about H&Q.

Thanks for everything!
xo

2:45 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Hell hath frozeth. I actually recognize one of these products (I will let you guess which one) Whoo Hoo.. That is a great color. i cannot pull it off, but you my beautiful fuschia friend, can.

3:05 PM  
Blogger Boston Red Lox said...

I didn't know Harajuku Lovers was also designed by Gwen Stefani, or that they made watches. I love watches, and have several Hello Kitty ones. I really like the HL watches! I might have to get one.

1:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home