Monday, March 26, 2007

Red Monkey Designs--Los Angeles


I have a bevy of great and thoughtful friends--for that I am thankful. I have one friend in particular who lives in L.A. and is an actor, comedian, D.J. , etc. Some of you may remember him from this blog as Lost Okie. His comments were legendary, and his photo caused a frenzy.
Lost Okie has since moved on from my blog because it got too "foo foo and all about makeup and shit." Or something like that.
The other day, Lost Okie was on an audition in Santa Monica, CA and he came across a store called RED MONKEY DESIGNS . He said it made him think of me because I am the Red Monkey--HA--my red hair, Monkeyposh--get it? He gave me a brief synopsis of the store and the items they sell and told me it would make a great blog post. Well actually he said, and I quote:
"I am throwing you a bone for your little blogger page in order to save society from the multi- colored designs that you often choose to display as beauty and fashion."
WOW.
How could I not take that as inspiration for "my little blogger page"?
Ahem.
He goes onto say that the designs at Red Monkey are not usually what I would go for--but the totally ironic thing is that my husband ordered a RED MONKEY watch for me about 4 years ago--before I even started this blog. They are a little tough looking, for lack of better word. They are leathery, sorta masculine, and unique. And note to Lost Okie--they are totally something I would usually go for. Well sorta--I didn't really pick it out...it was a gift...but whatever. I love it.
This is my Red Monkey watch. It is the Unisex L7 Watch I wear it all the time...it is great. You can get a number of choices of face colors, and bands.



This is the photo of the watch I have from their website. This is a much better look at it.
This is the Men's Hammered LeMans watch. I love the wide band and the whole "tough" look of it.


This is the Ladies Angel City Watch. This band is wider than the one I have, and it has more hardware.

RED MONKEY also has water resistant watches, leather cuffs, guitar straps, purses t-shits, and even some underwear. Check out their website at RED MONKEY DESIGNS .
Or if you are ever in the Santa Monica Area check them out at :

RED MONKEY
7209 Santa Monica Blvd
Los Angeles, CA
90046


Or you can call them to order toll free at

877.580.2319

You can also find Red Monkey Designs at select Nordstrom, Anthropologie, and Urban Outfitters stores.
Their items can also be found in The Sundance Catalog.

Thanks Curtis for the great idea (and for being thoughtful). Sorry it has taken me so long to post.

Top photo of the watch from MonkeyPosh LLC
All other photos from
www.redmonkeydesigns.com

Have a great day !

5 Comments:

Blogger Jennifer said...

These are *literally* MonkeyPosh. :P I love it!

7:17 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

LOL, they ARE monkey posh. :-)

I love the way you can customize your watch with so many different details and leather colors. I love the leather cuffs and choker too (although the buckle choker scares me). And the dog collars! Must keep finger from clicking "order" 100 times over...

10:43 AM  
Blogger Victoria said...

Love the Ladies Angel City Watch, it is so not me, as to make me want it!! Sometimes I like to be un-me!

11:25 AM  
Blogger Curley's Mobile DJ Services said...

You are sadly mistaken RED MONKEY. I have never left your blog. I just frequent it less than before.

Thanks for the kind words on your blog.

I just might blog again some day when I have something worth saying.

This post proves that you are miles ahead of the curve when it comes to fashion. I can't throw one singer past you without you getting a piece of the ball! It shall be my challenge to find a clothing line or store with designs that you haven't ever seen or heard of before.

That watch you own makes me think of a quote that your quite familiar with.

"I'm a loner Daughty, a rebel."

11:16 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

red monkey can suck it!

2:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home