Sunday, April 15, 2007

BeaverPosh - Cherry Blossom Festival Washington D.C. 2007

As I said in the last post, I recently traveled to Washington D.C. to the Cherry Blossom Festival. I love Washington D.C., and the cherry blossoms are just gorgeous. They are only in full bloom and at their perfect peak about 3 days, so there are some logistics in getting there for optimum viewing. This year was particularly cold and windy, so we missed the FULL peak viewing.
Oh well, it was still a great trip and the blossoms were still gorgeous.





It was QUITE cold. The wind off the Tidal Basin was almost unbearable.

It was so windy that the blossoms were blowing everywhere. One got caught in my hair, and my husband seized the oppurtunity for a very cool photograph.


The Jefferson Memorial looks so regal and dreamy through the blossoms.


Before I knew I was going to be going to see the Blossoms this year, I was thinking about them and I started obsessing about Guerlain Cherry Blossom Pure Parfum. I called Bergdorf Goodman to order it, only to be told that it was not going to be sold in the U.S. at all, period, end of story, and that the European boutiques would not be shipping any to the United States. Well, ahem--one should NEVER tell a fragrance fiend that they CANNOT get a fragrance. Thems is fighting words. Needless to say I found it.

Damn skippy.

I was also able to procure bottle of Guerlain Lovely Cherry Blossom edt. It is indeed lovely, but nothing like the Guerlain Cherry Blossom Pure Parfum. It is lighter and less heady. It pales in beauty to the Pure Parfum, but I do really like it. Thanks Shayla!

I will leave you with a lovely Haiku in honor of the cherry blossoms by Akiko Feng.

Pink like a bush

Sweet scent with petals

falling like Spring.

Have a beautiful day.

(all photos from MonkeyPosh L.L.C.)

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is that really your hair? What a beutiful color up close. I love that picture.

All the photos are pretty.
What is the deal with GCB not being sold in the States?
Crazy.

1:16 PM  
Blogger Gretchen said...

Yay Jen
So glad you got the Cherry Blossom...wear it in good health...how's the pooch? Hope he is up and about!

7:58 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

I don't know what's prettier, the blossom or your hair. Yay on snagging the pure perfume! Never tell a redhead she can't do something, eh?

9:28 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

DC...my hometown! What a great place to grow up, but I have to admit I was always a Californian at heart.

I love your photographs, J. They are beautiful. No, they did not make me wax nostalgic or anything like that. (I get that way only in the Fall.:)) But they are so beautiful. You take amazing photos.

There's no such thing as Spring anymore, is there?

And, I love that bottle of Cherry Blossom parfum! When I walk through that door to the Guerlain flagship in July I plan to test that one and many more.

Love to you and your babies. I hope Forrest is doing better.

Hugs and love!

10:12 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Anonymous-

Yup, really my hair. Thank you for your kind words.
I do not know what the deal is with GCB not being sold in the United States anymore. Paris wants to keep things exclusive--and I guess that has it's merit.

Hi Gretchen-
Thanks!
Forrest is doing better. He is just a big baby and does not want to move at all or go outside. He is too big for me to carry--GRRRR.

Hope you are well lovely friend!

12:40 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi K-

Aww...Thanks so much for your nice words. Never tell a redhead or a perfume fanatic they cannot do something.
Fun chit chatting with you last night. You were cracking me up!
Care to share what kind of wine you were drinking. I am trying to learn a little bit more about wine. I am a bit of a Riesling hag.
xoxo


Hello Lovely R!

I was not aware D.C. was your hometown! What a great place to grow up--full of history and excitement! I just figured you were always a California gal.

Thank you so much for the compliments on the photos. Most of them were takne by D.H. I do sneak a good one in every now and then, but DH is the real photographer.

SKREEEE Back that thing up---Did I read that correctly? You are going to the FLAGSHIP MOTHERSHIP PARIS GUERLAIN IN MAY???
Oh R--Do have such a beautiful time. I am so envious. Please take tons of photos.
Will you be seeing any of our buddies---one that might be a bit of a bitch and a bit of a boss (if you get my drift)? I may be going to Paris in June--so you will have to let me know what treasures you find! Please take tons of photos to share too.

Thanks for your wishes to Forrest. Bless his heart. Please give little Lily a big kiss from her Chicago Auntie!

Much love to you!!!

xo

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love Guerlain Cherry Blossom too. I once wore it in Japan right after I saw Lost In Translation. I had to find it when I found out I was going to Japan.
It is such a true fragrance.

Thanks for sharing your pictures!

(this is T by the way)

5:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home