Friday, April 13, 2007

Travel, Taxes and Tears (of the canine cruciate ligament)


Hello all!
I hope everyone is doing wonderful. I have not blogged in a while due to travel, taxes (SHUDDER) and my dog Forrest being ill and getting a knee replacement yesterday. Please send him good thoughts. We go to pick him and his bionic leg up this evening. His vet says the surgery went great and Forrest is doing well. This sort of thing is still very stressfull, as Forrest is 11 and that is quite elderly by Dalmation standards.
Things have been crazy.
We went to Washington D.C. for the Cherry Blossom Festival--however the climate was less than festive. It was FREEZING cold. I would have loved to meet my girl Jennipah,(at Jennipah On Tour) but my trip was sort of last minute and very short. I have tons of pictures, but have not been able to download them all. We were able to peruse the National Gallery of Art, but the lines to all the other museums were literally over a block long.
I have been gone on a couple of other impromptu trips due to some neat opportunities in the past couple of weeks, but things seem to be calming down now, and for that I am thankful.
The gorgeous and brilliant K at THIS COOL BLOG asked me to do some posts about mascara, and I am sorry I am so remiss, but I will do that tonight or tomorrow. Mascara and perfume are my crack, so I am ALWAYS happy to post about mascara. K also needs some ideas on some media geared towards children in the 80's for a class she is teaching...so if you are a child of the 80's head on over there and take a walk down memory lane to help her out.
Lovely day to all.

9 Comments:

Blogger Carolyn said...

Did you take that picture? It's gorgeous! DH and I were able to go walk around the cherry blossoms last Thursday, right before the cold front hit. I am so ready for it to really be Spring!

I've been meaning to post a picture of the cherry blossoms we saw but have been so busy and haven't had a chance to blog about it yet.

Looking forward to the mascara posts! :-)

11:50 AM  
Blogger MISS S said...

You have been heavy on my mind all this week. The pic is really pretty. Sorry about the crappy weather. Get this, we had snowflakes here last week (Im in Ft. Worth, Texas)!! Give Forrest lots of love from his Auntie S. If Heather Mills can dance w/ her bionic leg Forrest can too:)

1:59 PM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

I am happy you have arrived back and you are now posting!
I am also happy I may have something to do with a potential offer.
The publication loves you. My gang loves you.

Keep on POSHing!

8:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where all did you go? Are you getting sly on all your readers?

Do tell oh beautifl Jen.

Inquiring minds and all that.

8:02 PM  
Blogger Aussie Beauty1 said...

So sorry, I meant to wish your dog all the best. I hope the little mite recovers nicely.

8:03 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Carolyn--Thanks for posting. I did not take the picture. My husband is the photographer in the family.
I hear you, I am ready for Spring too!

Please post your pictures--I would love to see them!

6:00 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Auntie S!
You know Forrest loves his Auntie!
Thank you so much for the kind words. He is whining and in so much pain. I will post a picture of his wound later. ROFL about Heather Mills. Too funny!
How about my boy Joey Fat One. His pasadoble (sp?) rocked my world!

Hello Aussie Beauty-

Thanks for the kind wores--and thanks for much more! You are a peach. Thanks also for the kind words for Forrest.

6:02 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hello Anon-

No--I am not getting sly--just been so busy.

Hope you are well--WHOEVER YOU ARE!

6:03 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

P, my thoughts are with Forrest!!! I'm so sorry to hear he's not doing well. On a happier note, I'm LOVING that you were able to score some Cherry Blossom perf. I mean, no one tells US you can't procure a beauty product. Just saying. Happy Thursday to you!

10:36 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home