Saturday, May 05, 2007

Springtime at Chez MonkeyPosh

Spring is my very favorite time of year. Everything is new and reborn. The air is fresh and crisp, the sky is a hypnotizing azure, the flowers are robust and full.
After the horrible winter here in Chicago, I love to sleep by an open window. To feel a breeze and wake up to the sound of the birds singing. I feel alive in the Spring. I get wanderlust in the Spring. I feel motivated and happier.

I have been working a lot in my yard lately, so I thought I would share with you some photos of my flowers and my little place in the world this Spring.



Lots of birds make the beams of my deck their home in the Spring. On one hand it is so sweet, but on the other hand, Robins are quite aggressive when they have babies to protect. I have been chased by more than a few just trying to hang in my back yard.







This is my jovial Finley and me in the back yard. Fin was born in November, so this is his first Spring. He loves rolling in the grass and chasing the geese.


Forrest enjoying a peaceful moment.



View of the patio off the deck. I love when the grass is this green and looks like velvet!


Finley's next conquests by the pond. We get tons of geese in our pond every Spring.


Back yard.


Nothing like sitting on the deck with a nice bottle of wine in the evening. Anyone have a good wine rec.?


I hope all of you are having a beautiful Spring full of all things colorful and new.
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Have a great weekend.


9 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Thanks for sharing your nice pics!
Glad to see you are feeling happy now. :O)

12:28 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I love your yard. It's beautiful. I must come visit. If only to see the doggies and the velvet grass.

5:50 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your place is lovely Jen! So lovely.

About wine , I tried one called Fat Bastard a few nights ago at the pub. I do not remember where it was from, but I could not get the image of the Austin Powers guy out of my head. The wine was tasty, although not the best. It was on the inexpensive side.

I love your stylish white rimmed aviators, and your pooches are lovely too.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Your pictures (and your home!) are just gorgeous! Thanks for sharing!

10:33 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Girl, you rock! Fall is my favorite season, but those gorgeous photos of you, your flowers, your yard and your precious babies may have me changing my mind. :):)

Hugs!

10:41 AM  
Blogger EMILY said...

Fin even LOOKS like a little devil. Can't wait to meet him. Lovies to Forrest and his ailing knee. He's looking pretty good!

3:43 PM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

Beautiful! I want to come over for some wine, cheese and girl talk. :-) Spring is the best season, I agree.

I recently discovered "Wild Horse" wines--I've tried the Pinot Noir and the Chardonney, and both were excellent. Reasonably-priced too.

4:21 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hello Victoria--
Thank you!! Spring has a way of lifting your mood!

* Hi C--
Thank you! You *should* come for a visit. We could have a girls weekend!

*Hello Anon--
Hmmmm....I think I may have seen the Fat Bastard at Trader Joes. Does it have a wart hog or something on the label?
Thanks for the dog and glasses compliments.


*Hi Jennifer--
Thank you for your kind words! Hope you are doing great!

*Hello R-
Thank you for the lovely words. If I lived where you live, I would be longing for fall too. I must admit, along about August, I long for a crisp breeze.
Hugs!!!

*Hi Em--
Thanks for stopping by. Yes, Fin is a devil--a schwumpy wumpy lovable devil--but devil indeed! Forrest is doing a little better. Slow but sure--bless his heart. It has been a LOOOOONG recovery.

*Hello Carolyn--
Come on over!!! I am always up for wine & cheese & girl talk!
Thanks for the wine rec. I will give Wild Horse a try.

Lovely day to all!

4:48 PM  
Blogger MISS S said...

I have not had the time to chime in, but wanted to comment on your springtime crib! your flowers are beautiful. LL would love to have you come on over with your green thumb for advice. Forrest and Finley are looking great.

Many hugs

11:41 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home