Thursday, May 24, 2007

Lovely Day!


I love the song, "Lovely Day" by Bill Withers. It is such a happy and uplifting song. Today is a very good day, so I thought I would just share a few things that make me happy today.


YUM! I first had this coffee at Cafe du Monde in New Orleans earlier this year. As far as I know, it was the first time I ever had Chicory Coffee--it was delicious. I added cream and Sweet-n-Low, nibbled a beignet and I was a happy girl. I recently found this at a local market and was so excited.

Cafe du Monde also has a website - http://www.cafedumonde.com/ , where you can order their goods. Their beignets are the BEST I have ever had. Starting off with Chicory Coffee from Cafe du Monde makes for a very lovley day! Oh--I also heard that Chicory Coffee is healthy--BONUS!
My Lilacs are in bloom and that makes me VERY happy. The whole backyard smells so beautiful! My Finley is precious and that makes me happy too!

My Forrest is recovering nicely from a recent surgery (ACL repair). It has been a long road to recovery and he is still going to physical therapy and limping from time to time, but bless his heart, he is almost 12 years old, so he is doing great and that makes me SO VERY HAPPY!


Getting roses unexpectedly is lovely and makes me ever so happy!


We have been doing a huge project this past year of building onto and totally redoing our closet. It has been such a long process, as we have done a lot of the work ourselves, and then hired someone for custom cabinetry. We are now just waiting on carpet to be installed, then we will be all done. I have been able to move some of my shoes and my fragrances onto the shelves. That makes me very--VERY--happy! We cannot move everything in until the carpet is laid, but I am so looking forward to getting everything in order and all our clothes and shoes where they belong!

Care to share something that makes you happy today?

Have a Lovely Day!


(all photos from MonkeyPosh LLC)

10 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

OOH, your closet looks great! I love a great, organized closet - espcially one that contains a large number of lovely shoes!

Things that make me happy: A Starbucks Mocha Light Frappucino. The lilacs blooming. My cat, Sadie, "talking" to me when I come in the door from work (she has a lot to say!). Jenny Craig's desserts - especially the lemon cake (helps me get through the dieting days without feeling deprived.) Fresh Pink Jasmine perfume. My cool new black sandals from Nine West. The upcoming three-day weekend!!!

9:45 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Thanks Pat!
I will be happy when I can get all my shoes in there--there are barely any in there at the moment.

MMMM...I must try a Starbucks Mocha Light Frapp! I have been drinking their Sugar Free Cinnamon DOlce lattes and they are great.
Bless little Sadie!
I am happy you are loving your Fresh Pink Jasmine! I have a sample of that. I will revisit it tomorrow.

Any plans for your 3 day weekend?

Oh and did you get the messages from Jill and Luigi?

10:09 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Love CdM chicory coffee; we always have a tin around the house (one regular, one decaf). For some weird reason it's the only coffee I like hot in the summer. It demands milk though; can't be drunk black.

Love the Bond tray! Looks wonderfuk.

I covet your organizational skills.

I hope Forrest recovers smoothly. How's he moving about now? Cowgirl had the same surgery, and since she's 8 lbs. of wimp, it was a long time before I could touch her without eliciting the earsplitting screech that only a tiny dog can emit.

10:11 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Bless Cowgirl! How did she hurt her knee? I know it is common in bigger dogs, but not in small dogs.
Forrest was actually pretty stoic, I mean he whined endlessly, but he has ALWAYS done that. The hardest thing is getting him in and out of the car by myself. He is doing so much better and getting more confident. How long did it take Cowgirl to recover?

I agree the CDM coffe needs milk or cream. It is delish though. To me, it tastes totally different than reg coffee.

Thanks for saying the Bond Tray looks wonderfuk! I try. HA
I wish I had organizational skills--it is such a work in progress.
Do you ever watch the show, NEAT with Helen Buttegeig? She is my organizational hero.

Lovely travels lovely lady!

10:18 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, your post! That Bill Withers song...I love it! My husband, my sweet little Diva, brand new books, Iris Poudre, samples of just about anything, ice cream, The Office, Sex and the City (still and always!), Rushmore, Mystery Men, and a latte from Starbucks. :)

Have a lovely day!

2:24 PM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

What makes me immediately happy, J, is reading this post after a long day that is not even half over for me.

But I arrived back at work after a long meeting to a much awaited package from luckyscent. :):) Have you tested any of the MDCI line? No. 3 (Enlevement Au Serail) is a beauty.

Ooh, your babies are so precious! I love the photo of Finley in the lilacs. He has such an intelligent little boy face.

Your closet looks like it is going to be great! And I love those trays of Bonds. Which one is the one on the right that is purple, green and blue? I can't remember the fragrance, but those colors are my favorites.

Hmmm...coffee...I stopped drinking it, but I would splurge on something special like that from Cafe du Monde, especially if it came with a beignet.

Hugs!

2:53 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Those bottles (fragrance) are so pretty! I would display them regardless of what they had in them. Yay for new closets and more organization. I need the same. Right now, sleeping makes me happy. There is not nearly enough. Friends like you make me happy too. Hope you have a great long weekend.

6:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen:
Love your photags as always.
I have yet to try that coffe. I would bet I cannot find it in the UK. Fat Drats!

I lover your closet! Can you please post more photags of your closet. When carpet is in of course.

Findley is getting cuter by the day.

I like that song by Bill Withers too--and Harrods, Prada Tendre EDP, Christian Louboutin shoes, and the skaters at Kensington make me happy.

Lovely day to you too.

7:00 AM  
Blogger Euronewyorker said...

Hey Peeeeeej!

LOVE your new closet {*envy*} and the pic of Bonds. You've inspired me to try the Cafe du Monde. It's sold at all the supermarkets here, and I've often wondered what it tastes like (I usually don't take milk or any sweetener -- just neat). Should be an experience. If I don't like it, I'll know who to send it to ;)

Hugz,
/T

10:51 AM  
Blogger Parisian Cowboy said...

French café is delicious....

11:10 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home