Saturday, May 19, 2007

Shame and loathing in Beantown

I have been on the search for cute flat shoes recently, and this has proven much harder than I ever expected. If I am going to wear a flat, then I insist on comfort. Not all flats are comfortable....ah yes, more comfortable than a stiletto, but not as comfortable as a flip flop. I am going to be traveling a lot this summer, so I need some cute and comfortable flats. This week I was shopping on a trip to another state. A pair of cute flats caught my eye....I made a beeline over to them only to be shocked and ashamed that they were Jessica Simpson brand shoes. ME--being attracted to a J-Simp shoe. Oh the horror! I made a vow a long time ago to NEVER purchase anything Jessica Simpson brand. There are certain boundaries I have to make in order to live with myself....her shoes/handbags/fake hair, etc. are one of those boundaries.
Other celeb fashion boundaries I have include, but are not limited to:

Sean John
Anything Baby Phat
Kathy Ireland brand at K-Mart
George Foreman Grills


HOWEVER--I was ever so tempted to get those J-Simp flats....I was in another state.....in a foreign city.....shopping where no one knew me.....no one could judge me...I almost caved. Thank God I got a hold of myself and did not make the purchase. I can live another day.

I still think they are cute though.....much to my chargrin.

These are the Jessica Simpson Leve Flats.
They're not that bad, right?
These red ones also come in red patent leather. They were really cute in patent. One time Carson Kressley (the one that looks like the love child of Ellen DeGeneres and Owen Wilson) from Queer Eye For The Straight Guy said that red shoes were only for whores and children. Well, put me out on Cicero Avenue, because I love red shoes and wear them all the time.
If you are so inclined, you can find J-Simp's shoes at Nordstrom, Piperlime.com and many other places that sell that kind of shoe.
Have a fabulous day!

7 Comments:

Blogger WinterWheat said...

I actually like some of the Jessica Simpson line too, although, like you, I fear that when wearing them my walk would become plodding and heavy thanks to the weight of shame on my shoulders. But as long as they don't say JESSICA SIMPSON on the outside, who will know? (Except people who read your blog and then see you wearing zebra-striped flats.) :-)

So, where will you be traveling this summer??

6:27 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Overheard at the Friday Shoes Anonymous meeting:
"Hello my name is Parisjasmal and I bought a pair of Jessica Simpson Shoes" the crowd collectively takes a gasp of air in response.

If it makes you feel any better she doesn't have a thing to do with the designing of the shoes....

BTW - I think they are really cute!

9:14 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

LOL! Those shoes *are* cute! Reading your story makes me think of the time I was out clothes shopping, looking for some cute shirts, and I found these adorable floral cotton...ARGH! Jessica Simpson brand shirts. I thought the exact same thing...who will really know?

Me. I couldn't do it. Too bad! Whoever designs some of her stuff actually has pretty good taste, but her name is keeping people away!

9:21 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Actually, I really like most of the Jessica Simpson shoe I have seen - although I,too, have held out on actually purcashing them, because - well, who wants that dingbat's name on her shoes?

And you KNOW how I feel about red shoes. Whores and children, indeed. Put me on Cicero Avenue, too - cause I just bought a fabulous pair of red peep-toes, myself!

12:57 PM  
Blogger Health Watch Center said...

Yeah I am with "Winter" "But as long as they don't say JESSICA SIMPSON on the outside, who will know?"

As long as they look good on you, just go ahead and grab them.

HWC.
Skin Care Beauty Zone
P.S. I am new here wanted to say "hi", yeah I know said more than that :-). Whenever you get time visit my blog let me know what you think about it, thank you.

12:34 AM  
Blogger Euronewyorker said...

Hey J,

Why don't you do a search for Repetto? They also have some cute flat shoes. Ditto for Tory Burch.

/T.

6:58 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

My name is R, and I am a celebrity brand junky. (crowd: Hello, R!)
I admit it: I bought that George Forman grill and used it until it broke...I think those Jessica Simpson shoes that my friend, parisjasmal, refuses to buy would look better on me anyway...I appreciate the fact that the "phat" in Baby Phat is spelled in the correct vernacular...I wore JLo Glow for several months...and I liked it!

Thank you for listening.

9:54 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home