Monday, January 22, 2007

Longing for Spring and Loving Tory Burch


I want this dress. I want to wear it on Cote d'Azur while eating a gelato with the wind blowing through my hair...well not really, because chances are I would have my hair in a ponytail so the wind could not technically blow through it, but it is hard to make a pony tail sound all sexy in the wind on the French Riviera , but you know what I mean..I digress.

It is cold, gray and snowy and miserable in my neck of the woods today. This dress sings to me of sunshine and beaches and all warm and happy things. It is fun and flowy and beautiful. The dress is the Lila by Tory Burch, whom quite honestly I am falling in love with. Not with her personally, but with all things Tory. I love her shop in NYC, I love her clothes, and I LOVE that she is so awesome that Guerlain fashioned a bottle of their famed Vetiver just for her. Can you imagine?? Guerlain making you your own bottle design with one of their famous fragrances inside? That is so damn cool! Tory once said she only wears Guerlain Vetiver because that is what her father and brothers always wear.

I am loving her whole "pre spring" line. On the TORY BURCH WEBSITE she says that the line was inspired by a book called "A Place in the Sun" and by the famed artist Frida Kahlo. What an interesting mix of inspriration. Most of the line looks like a summer vacation to me. I want it all!

I am also loving the simple artistry of this top.

This is the Tory Burch Grace top. I am a sucker for a crisp white shirt and this one is interesting with the ruffles and the polka dots. Perfect for spring and summer. According to my 92 year old Grandma (Hazel)- Polka dots are really gonna be in this summer. You heard it first here folks. Hazel said so.

Next time you are in New York City, stop by and give Tory's store a look. It is located at

257 Elizabeth Street

New York, New York

There are many more wonderful things in the store that you cannot find on the website.

Have a beautiful day!

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ooohhh, cute stuff! Why oh why did you have to share that site with us? ;-) Must stay strong and stick to budget!

9:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen
Get the dress!!!
It was made for you & will be perfect on the Riviera! Go for it!

9:42 AM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Love the shirt... and if Hazel said it, it is GOSPEL. Go with the polka dots. You won't be sorry!I think you would look amazing in both getups. Damn you and your cute figure.

1:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I'm-a-looking, and I'm-a-liking!

Get that dress, girlfriend!

Hugs!

3:42 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Green Eyes--
I know, right? Tory's clothes and shoes are gorgeous!

Hi Gretchen-
I think I may have to cave. It is just so fun. Hope you are doing great!

Hello C-
You know Hazel knows what is up. Thanks for the kind words, but the figure has the winter blahs and I need to get my butt back to the gym. How are you doing on the "NO COKE" thing? Hugs to you!

Hi R-
How are you pretty lady?
I'm a liking too--tee hee hee.
I think I may have to get that dress for myself for Valentines Day. You know after being married so long you have to kind of treat yourself on V-day!

Lovely day to all!

7:25 AM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

Well, I *love* the dress!! And somehow it feels very, very you.

4:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home