Friday, January 05, 2007

SHINE on New Orleans



While in New Orleans, I spoke to many shop and small business owners. Being a business owner myself, I was curious to know how business was and what they were doing since Katrina. One particular lady named Sandy who owns a spa and specialty store called SHINE and SPA ARIA was telling us that it is rough. The tourist dollars are just not there, one half of the population has moved away, and the government has done little to nothing to help the small business owners. Her store, SHINE is located in the historic French Quarter, where rent is quite high. If the unique and funky stores that make the French Quarter what it is cannot afford their rent, then big corporations will move in and take over. I am sorry, but The GAP and Banana Republic do not belong in the French Quarter. The quirky, lovely little shops give the French Quarter the charm that makes it like nowhere else.

Take SHINE for instance- It is a beautiful shop right on the Rue Conti in the French Quarter. It is a prime location,and a jewel box full of beauty products and original and fun gift items. They have over 150 top brand products. I was in heaven when I walked through the doors. It is a beauty product mecca!
They carry many beauty "Must Haves". Kiehl's, Mario Badescu, MD Skincare, Brave Soldier, Fresh, and Bumble and Bumble. SHINE also carries their own house brand of perfumes and body products --that you pick the fragrances. It is like a Fragrance Bar. They have scents like Pink Martini and China Rain, as well as many many others. They are all lovely. Personally I got the rich, decadent shea butter in the Pink Martini scent and it has quickly become one of my favorites.
This is my plea to you--if you usually order your Kiehl's or your Bumble and Bumble- or any of the other brands she carries (like I do because there are no retailers really close to me who carry those lines) then please consider ordering from SHINE. They would really appreciate the business and you will not find a nicer lady than Sandy -the owner.
Consider it shopping to help your fellow man (and women). You can also help keep the heart of SHINE beating by purchasing one of their stylish SOS (Save Our Spa) t-shirts by visiting the website
http://www.shinedayspa.com/ or calling the phone number below. By purchasing the T-shirt you can help ensure SHINE's future and the future of the CITY OF NEW ORLEANS! The t-shirt can be seen on their website. The nice folks at SHINE also have a spa called SPA ARIA located at 214 Royal Street New Orleans, LA in the swank Hotel Monteleone. Call toll free- 1.866.549.ARIA.

SHINE is located at:

622 Rue Conti
New Orleans, LA 70130

Their phone number is:

1.888.581.4999

Their website is:

http://www.shinedayspa.com/

Shop there--it will make you shiny and happy!
(Hi Sandy)

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jen
I have bookmarked their site and written down their digits...will certainly order from them!

Sounds like a lovely place.

5:35 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Awesome Gretchen! They would appreciate the business. It is hard to believe what the small businesses are going through in New Orleans. Tragic.

I hope you and the family are doing well!

12:56 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is as we say at SHINE the most BEYOND FABULOUS Random Act of Kindness that I have felt in a very long time. I cryed many tears when I read it. Heartfelt Thanks

Gracious Love,
Sandy

3:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello,

As we say it at SHINE this is the most BEYOND FABULOUS Random Act of Kindness that I have experienced in a very long time. I could not stop cyring tears of Joy!! Heartfelt Thanks from me and everyone in New Orleans! You are awesome!!!!!!!

Gracious Love
Sandy

3:18 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Sandy! So happy you stopped by the blog and that my Shine review was to your liking!
I hope you are doing good!

I will be calling in my Kiehls order to Shine soon.

Lovely day to you!

Jen

7:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home