Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Tagged by Fabulista to list 5 things

I have been tagged by the fabulous FABULISTA at Beauty Blogging Junkie to list 5 things about myself that you probably did not know. I have been trying to post this for 2 days, but have been experiencing technical difficulties. I seem to have it under control now--so here goes:

1. I am not a good sleeper, in fact I kinda suck at it. I go through long periods where I wake up at 3:00 am and I am up for the rest of the day. I am worthless by like 4:00pm, but cannot go to sleep. I have NEVER been a nap taker unless I am sick. I think somewhere deep down, I feel like when I sleep I am missing something--strange, I know. It is so frustrating, but I have somewhat learned to deal with it. I have tried everything to get a full night sleep and nothing works. I am not a jealous person, but I am GREEN with envy of all the people who can sleep all day and night. That sounds like heaven to me.

2. I drink WAY too much Diet Pepsi--but not at night so I do not think it has anything to do with the sleeplessness. I love Diet Pepsi. I try not to eat a lot of sugar, so Diet Pepsi is like a treat for me. I crave it. When I am somewhere on vacation that does not have Diet Pepsi, I swear I go into withdrawl.

3. I have talked about this before, but I am OBSESSED with dental hygiene. I am constantly brushing and flossing. I have a collection of mouthwash and toothpaste. I get all puffed up when my dentist tells me I have beautiful teeth. It is like the ultimate compliment. I think a smile says so much about a person.

4. I feel whole when I travel. Sometimes I feel like I am missing out by living here in the 'burbs. I was born in Europe and lived there for a while, so I think I have it in my soul to want to be abroad. I will never feel truly educated until I have seen the world. On this note--I am obsessed with travel shows--Rick Steves, Samantha Brown, Thirsty Traveler, Globe Trekker, and my love , Anthony Bourdain. I also love to have friends who travel so we can talk all about it. I love to experience new things. Travel makes me feel alive.

5. I am an only child, and I suffer from all the quirky things that only another only child can understand. I also tend to have a soft spot for other only children, and I have many friends that are only children (shout out Emily, Melanie, Lina, Kristen,Gretchen, Sue, etc) . I am not really sad that I am an only child, but I am very aware that there are many things I do not understand because of this--like sharing. I am not a good sharer. I will give you your own, but no I will not share with you--HA!


OK-- I am tagging anyone who wants to play. Let me know in my comments if you post yours so I can be sure to read your 5 things

Thanks to Fabulista for thinking of me!

Have a beautiful day.

9 Comments:

Blogger Victoria said...

Ohhhh I am another only child too! I totally understand the sharing issue, especially with food or clothes (the worst!). Although I have no problem with perfume. Perfume is the big exception. :O)

8:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey only child gals! I totally agree with your point about sharing. I'll go get you a piece of chocolate cake, but there's no chance your taking mine.

And about being bored in the 'burbs... I know the feeling. I lived in Europe too and there's just something about the energy there that always makes you want more. Don't get me wrong -- I live in NY and I love this city, but it's very different.

12:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am also an only child! *waves at Victoria* I get exactly what you mean PJ...I am willing to give someone something, but I too am not good at sharing. Except perfume...that, I like to share! :-)

1:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fantastic list, and thanks for the shout out! Why did I not know we are the same person? I ALSO cannot nap for the same reason; I feel as though I am missing out. I'm similarly obsessed with oral hygiene. Re: Diet Pepsi, I read that consuming caffeine throughout the day can cause it to sort of remain in your system, kind of like a halflife in nuclear science terms. Meaning, if you have a dp around 2pm, there are traces of caffeine remaining in your system until 8pm or something like that. Anyway, it could help with your insomnia. I try not to have caffeine after noon for this reason, it helps a lot. Have a fab day!

1:54 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hi Victoria-
I agree with you--I love to share perfume, but food and clothes FORGET ABOUT IT! I cannot stand when I am at a restaurant with someone and they want to order something and "share"..EEEEKS!
Lovely day to you lovely lady!

*Hello Beaty Maven-
Woot Woot Only Children Ladies!
Oh I know about the chocolate cake HANDS OFF! I do not even share food with my husband.
Yes--Europe is divine, but I am sure you love NYC--don't we all?
Have a great night and -Thanks so much fo visiting!

*Hello Lovely Green Eyes-
Holla to another Only Child! I am glad the other only children also do not like to share! Makes me feel like less of a clod!

*Hi Fabulista!
You know I read that Jay Leno sleeps on average about 3 hours a night because he feels he is missing out too....interesting. Oh I will try not to have DP after noon--but that will be HARD!
Are you ready for THE OFFICE tonight! We will have to compare funny quotes tomorrow!

Have a great evening and Thanks again for the tag!

Lovely evening to everyone!

4:04 PM  
Blogger melanie said...

Peej, you crack me up. By saying you cannot stand when "someone" wants to share food, you mean your husband. Ha ha ha. The beyotch needs her own pinwheel!

I think your next trip should be to Lucerne. That's where I would want to move if I were to become an ex-pat.

8:17 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:45 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hey Melvis,

Nope I did not mean the husband. I was mainly referring to my Aunt and all my cousins. Whenever I go out to eat with them they always want to share a meal. First off, I eat too much to share a meal and second of all that is a servers worst nightmare for 2 women to share one meal. Third of all--I do not share food!
I just threw in that I do not share food with my husband for good measure.
Yes, Lucerne looks beautiful.
Have a great evening!

8:48 PM  
Blogger carolyn said...

I am catching up on blog reading so just saw this. I want to be obsessed with dental hygiene. What a great thing to be obsessed with. Much better than chips and dip, like me. ;-) I may use this tag as my next post--thanks for the idea! Oh, and I should also add that I thought I had responded to your comment from like a year ago on my blog, but I just checked today and I did not! So sorry. What I *thought* I had said was that I'm glad that Uncle Julios has another fan out there. I love their queso dip.

12:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home