Thursday, April 26, 2007

BLAH-gger

Tired. Frustrated. Overwhelmed. Blah.

These are just a few words to describe my life lately.

I have been traveling some, working on my house and yard, having computer issues, letting all the negative television news (Imus, VA Tech, Baldwin, Anna Nicole's Baby Daddy) get to me, dealing with a gimp dalmation, feeling uninspired to blog, and fighting like mad with Expedia.com . Word to the wise--if you are just flying somewhere close to home-an easy trip with no issue (but I mean seriously people, busy lives sometimes have issues), then maybe Expedia.com will work for you and make you happy and you will love them. However, if you plan to go abroad and you have any kind of issue, they will tell you what you want to hear at the time, then they will LIE LIE LIE and STALL STALL STALL when the time comes to get some action. Everything seems to be fixed now, but I am still angry and frustrated with them. I have been dealing with them for over 3 months to get this issue fixed. I have spoken to Lufthansa, as well as numerous other world travelers and I seem to not be alone in my feelings towards Expedia.com . I will never use them again for travel abroad, and I will advise other world travelers of their antics and poor poor poor customer service. I am channeling my inner Fightin Mad Mary (check out her blog) and just putting bad service out there in the blogosphere. GRRRR!

Ok end of rant, pity party, and all things negative.

How about some pretty stuff? Pretty stuff always cheers me up. All these beautiful items come from INTERMIX .




This is the very cool LaRok Twist Swing Top in navy. I have had a torrid love affair with navy blue for the past year or so. I think it is highly underrated. I pledged to bring navy back, and I am working on it. Here is my plea to designers: Make more navy blue footwear. Please.
Here is my plea to myself: Lift more weights so you can actually wear this shirt this summer. Please.
This is the Nadia Roder Wave Scarf. I love this. It looks a little Missoni and a little Pucci while still holding onto it's own flair. I am a bit of a scarf whore, so I will probably be adding this little beauty to my arsenal.

I love these strappy wedges from Michael Kors. They are just the right height and the pop of sueded red makes me happy. I am really liking Michael's stuff this Spring. I also like his new fragrance called Island Hawaii. It is soft and soothing and really beachy.

These are the prim yet minxy Chloe White 60 Circle pumps. They are so European 60's to me. Twiggy, Jean Shrimpton, Catherine Deneuve in Belle de Jour. I am almost positive I could not pull them off, but I love them, and if I ever saw anyone wearing them, I would gush and fall in love. These Missoni flats are very Italian cool. I picture them on a tall, tanned, toned fabulous women wearing a white skirt strolling in Milan. They also look comfortable. I love Missoni. I have talked a lot about Missoni in the past, so I will not bore you with my Missoni love today.




This is the Kenneth Jay Lane Flower Pearl Ring in blue. I love this ring--the size, the shine, everything. It looks so feminine and I am really into the bigger rings this season.



This is the same ring in bright yellow. I posted this one in honor of the funny and beautiful FABULISTA at Beauty Blogging Junkie (check out her blog). Fabulista has a yellow thing. Apparently a mad love of yellow since childhood. Here is to you A!

Here is hoping everyone has a lovely day.

(all photos from www.Intermixonline.com , and all rantings from MonkeyPosh L.L.C)

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

YAY! I am so glad you are back. So sorry you are feeling blah. It can happen to the best of us, and you J, are among the best of us!

11:18 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

I love those Chloe shoes! And that ring...I want the blue one. Hope your day improves. Keep the news turned OFF. ;-)

3:58 PM  
Blogger Jennifer said...

I hope some summer sun and cheer comes your way soon. :) I love love LOVE that ring!!!

6:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

lovely things. bad expedia. i have had good luck with them, but i have only used them for vegas.

7:46 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Oh baby! I am sending you nothing but loving vibes this morning. I hope you have a great weekend to make up for the hassles of the past week or so!

I love that top!

Hugs and love!

8:39 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Scarf whore, scarf whore! *points*

I'm sorry expedia is dicking you around. I use them all the time for domestic stuff but not for international. I consider myself warned.

Did you see that Old Navy is doing a Missoni-style tank top? Cracked me up when I saw it. It's fun! But it's so distinctive that anyone who wears it will instantly be recognized as wearing "Old Navy's Missoni Style Tank Top." (Er, I'd have bought it myself otherwise...)

1:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Monkey,
You have such sool taste. I love the things you share on your blog. I appreciate that you also include a link for shopping.

Your flikr bagde is full of beautiful photos. You are quite a looker.
I live in Peru and your blog is my main source for North American styles. Thank you.

Siam from Lima Peru

3:13 PM  
Blogger Victoria said...

I'm seeing a lot of Navy out there, i love it too.

Hugs to you Things will get better, turn off the tv and internet and go for a walk. Write down a list of things that make you smile. :O)

4:05 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Anon-
Thanks! I am glad to be back.
Have a great day!

Greeneyes--
The Chloe shoes are so great! I wish I were brave enough to wear them. I am keeping the news turned OFF. There is an Anthony Bourdain marathon on the Travel Channel, so I am keeping my man Tony on all day. I love him!

Hi Jenn-
Thanks for the kind words. I love the ring too. It looks like art!

2:58 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Anon part deux-
Yes BAD Expedia! Pox on them. I am glad you have had good luck with them. I have had no such luck!

Hello Lovely R-

Thanks so much for the loving vibes! I need all I can get!
Much love to you!

Hi Siam from Lima, Peru!

Thanks for visiting, and I am humbled that you come to my blog for North American fashion trends. I must say there are so many fashion blogs that update way more than I do. My life is too crazy lately to blog very often. I appreciate your comments though.
Have a beautiful day in Peru!

Hello Victoria-

I loved your post and photos of Sir Andy Tauer! What a lovely time you had. Iris had some photos too. I am so jealous I do not live closer to you guys so I can join in the fun!
I appreciate your advice about just turning off the tube, going on a walk, and counting my blessings. Thanks!

Lovely day to all!

3:04 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Parisjasmal! I only JUST saw this! Can you BELIVE? What have I been DOING? I ADORE that ring, I even COVET it. Thanks so much for the shout out! Hope you're having a lovely Tues evening!

9:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home