Wednesday, November 07, 2007

Benefit - D'finer D'liner

It's delightful, it's delicious, it's de-lovely, its D'finer D'liner by Benefit....la la la ... It is always a good day when I can segue a lip liner review with a Cole Porter song...a good day indeed.
I know lipliner is considered by some (hello Carmindy from What Not To Wear) to be passe', but I must admit--I like lipliner. I am from the South, where we call it lip pencil and we love a pencil of cosmetic persuasion--what can I say?
One of my holy grails is Chanel Nude lipliner and I have blogged about it before, it is great. Part of what makes it great is that is IS nude. I do not wear lip liner to have an outline of my lips--I wear it as a border to keep the lipstick or lip gloss from creeping.
The Benefit D'finer D'liner does just that without the fear of the scary outlined lip look.
It most definitely does what it says--it defines and lines -er.. d'lines beautifully. It is totally colorless yet somehow gives your lips a gorgeous "finished" look and keeps all lip gloss and stick in place.
I loved my first Benefit D'finer D'liner so much I went back to Sephora and got another one to keep in my purse.
You can find this gem at SEPHORA.COM or BENEFITCOSMETICS.COM .
My opinion is that it would be to your lip's Benefit to get this liner (or pencil depending on where you reside) ASAP.
Lovely day to all.
(photo from BENEFITCOSMETICS.COM )

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Bisquit,

In the UK we call it a lippy. All matters of gloss and lipstick and lipliner is referred to as just lippy.

This review is quite funny. Cole Porter song as your segue to write about a cosmetic lippy.

When will you be returning to Paris? Let's do a meet up at Hermes. Cocktails and scarves await you.

5:33 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Did you say "Cole Porter," you de-lovely thing?

Now you have my attention!

I tend to smear on the lipgloss and haven't thought much about lipliner lately. But now that you mention it, a nude lipliner makes a lot of sense.

Hugs!

8:45 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Thanks for the recommendation, J.

I trust your taste in products.

By the way: our last conversation inspired my latest post. Hope you can stop by to visit.

xoxox to F & F

1:32 PM  
Blogger Pia said...

Hi there ParisJ,
Happy november!
This nude lip pencil sounds good, as you said it's more to keep lipstick from bleeding over the lips than lining them. I love Benefit products, they're good stuff!
So what else is new in the beauty dept. that you like? Any new frags? I just purchased LV Teint de Neige, what a lovely ,lovely fragrance,perfect for cold weather.

3:44 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Lemon Cookie-

Thanks for visiting. No idea when I will be in Paris next.....scarves and cocktails--I am in!

xo

*Hi R-
Yes! I did say Cole Porter. He was a genius. I am assuming you are a fan too?
Nude lipliner is where it is at!
Hugs and love!

*Hi Barb-

Loved your blog post. I loved the comment about beauty coming from within and eating better is one of the best things you can do for yourself. I agree. Healthy eaters and active people seem to just glow from within.
xoxo

*Hi Pia-
How are you?
I love Benefit products too, and I love their cute and kitchsy names and collections.
I am loving Solange Stoned, Chanel Eau Premiere, Ambra de Nepal, TDC Jasmine, SL Chergui, FM Outrageous ETC ETC for fall.
What fragrances are you loving dear Pia?

Lovely day to all!

6:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home