Monday, November 19, 2007

Holiday Party Pinks

Ok- I think I am officially obsessed with hot pink and /or fuschia this holiday season. Lately, I am drawn to things more unconventional. No more red and green for me this holiday- I want bright pinks and dark blues and silvers. I want interesting and vibrant. As a redhead, it is difficult to pull fuschia off--but I still try. Also in high school- my nickname was Fuschia--I am not sure how it got started, but I think it had to do with my bright hair. Anyways. Here are some gorgeous fuschia pieces that are sure to spice up your holiday party season.

This is the gorgeous Catharine Malandrino Halter Dress from INTERMIX . Stunning and swishy and amazing and Monkey likey! This one is easily my favorite.
This is the Carson Marcus Cowl Neck Top found at INTERMIX . It looks great with the jeans in the photo, but you could totally dress this up with some wide leg black slacks, chunky black jewels, sequined black clutch and be totally party perfect.
Sleek J. Godfrey One Shoulder Bow dress--also at INTERMIX. So cute yet sexy at the same time. Beautiful.

This is the beautiful Zac Posen Neptune Silk Dress found at NORDSTROM.COM. The lines are so clean and simple but the unique neck line dresses it up beautifully. The color is so vibrant and happy. This is the gorgeous Marc Jacobs Night Blossom Silk Top. The color of this shirt, according to the
NORDSTROM.COM is scorching pink--I agree. Scorching indeed.

The gorgeous Diane Von Furstenberg Kimono Silk Dress. So simple and so classic. It is a dress, but could be a tunic or you could belt it over slacks. Versatile and gorgeous and found at
NORDSTROM . On a side note, I love the look on the model's face. It looks like she is saying "Bitch I know I look fierce in my DVF--step on". HA--there is nothing better than a bitchy looking model in a fierce dress. I bet she can tear a runway up.

This is the lovley Max Mara Ghianda Twist Front Dress. This is the perfect party dress. It has a formal air about it due to the interesting detail of the twist at the top. This beauty is also found at NORDSTROM .

Have a pretty day.

(Photos from www.intermixonline.com and www.nordstrom.com )

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello Jen
You could wow in hot pink. Why not? Your porcelain skin, your hair of strawberry fields. Nothing short of lovely.
I love your choices. You have the best eye, and yes the one model with the sour mugis making me laugh. She probably parts a crowd on a dance floor with that fierce look. Step on. You always make me laugh.

Cheers.

11:51 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Love the fierce model!! Everybody has kelly green as THE holiday color - but I prefer the pink too!

7:41 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

I love pinks,fuschias and purples! These pinks and fuschias are gorgeous and would look gorgeous on you,get them!

10:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

beautiful picks tasteful tina.

2:01 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

Awww, Fuschia... those were the good old days, weren't they? Hope you guys are doing good. Hope you are having a good, restful, holiday weekend.

And, btw, yes you can pull off wearing it... You would look a billion times better than some of those sourpuss models! I too, am loving the pink rather than the red/green.

8:02 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Each one of those dresses is more beautiful than the next. I love hot pink and think it makes a bold, confident statement.

Are you shopping today?

Not me...I shop all year long. Time for a rest. (lol).

6:01 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

Oh, I love the Monkey Posh name. I am keeping The Haute Dawg as a pet blog and focusing on beauty and brains Girl-Woman-Beauty-Brains-Blog. Bentley, the beagle, will still provide much inspiration in both blogs. I have read so much about SEO that my mind is mush!

I think you have a great blog and will add Monkey Posh to my new blog.

2:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home