Sunday, December 09, 2007

Beautful Holiday Palettes...and the Chocolate one that got away.

Tis the season for holiday makeup palettes.....

I know that some of you remember the ever elusive and uber gorgeous Bobbi Brown Chocolate Eyes Palette from last year. It was the buzz of magazines and the beauty blogging world. I became obsessed with this palette. Buck wild shamedly obsessed. It is gorgeous, no? The colors are neutral and lovely and perfection for a redhead. I searched every mall from Illinois to Texas for this palette to no avail. I am not a competitive person at all, but tell me a beauty or fashion item I want is unavailable and I become a crazed Olympian. The challenge is on. I tried. Lord how I tried for this Chocolate Palette.....but no dice. It was a very limited edition and even now I cannot find any hanging out on E-bay or sitting around on Craigslist. Gone...poof...no more.

I eventually gave up my quest, but the Chocolate Palette was never far from my mind.

Fast forward a year later....

So a couple of weeks ago I was perusing the cosmetic aisles at Target (love Target) and I spied something beautiful, something neutral and soft and very reminiscent of my lovely Bobbi Brown Chocolate Palette--it was the gorgeous Sonia Kashuk Eye Palette in Perfectly Neutral. Granted, it is not exactly like the Bobbi one, but hey that one is no more.....I need to get over it.

I happen to love this palette. The colors are lovely and perfect for anyone. As I said I picked it up at Target. This one fills the Chocolate Palette void at least a little bit. Be sure to check the Target website out this holiday season. TARGET.COM has tons of stuff that even some of the stores do not carry.


Avon also has a very nice browny/bronzey/neutral palette this holiday season. Avon's is called the Eight in One Eye Palette in Neutral Tones--it is the one on the bottom.

The other Avon eye palettes are nice too. Avon has had a revolution in recent years. Before you go and write Avon off, please note-- It is not your Mother's Avon anymore. Avon has updated and expanded and actually become rather cool. I love the Paradise Greens Palette. It reminds me of summer at the beach. The Water Colors Palette also looks like it could provide a gorgeous smokey eye.

Avon now has the MARK line which is hip and young and fun. All their stuff is great and cool and you should totally check them out here: AVON.COM .

Also for my fragrance loving friends-- Avon collaborated with Christian LaCroix on a lovely new Eau de Parfum called Rouge.

It is a very unique and complex fragrance--nice for Winter. Avon is for sure worth checking out this holiday season.

Have a lovely day!

(photos from bobbibrown.com, MonkeyPosh LLC, and Avon.com)

10 Comments:

Blogger Pia said...

I'm so glad for you that you found the Sonia Kashuk neutral eye palette you are happy with. Beautiful shades that will look beautiful on you of course,enjoy! The shades are perfect neutral shades of browns and taupes ,so I am def. going to see if I can find it at Target next time I'm there. I too am deeply enamoured of neutrals lately. For years I only liked shades of mauves, pinks, plums and grays on me because of my coloring, light skin,blue eyes, and dark brown hair. The neutrals seemed to get lost on me until I came across Estee Lauder's Mocha Cup, a pretty taupe shade with a bit of shimmer. It actually showed up and looked pretty on me!
I've put away my plums and now I'm always on the lookout for more neutral eyeshadows.

New fragrances excite me! Rouge edp from Avon sounds winter perfect and the bottle is gorgeous. It's from Christian LaCroix so of course it's good. Last week,I found an Avon catalog in my mailbox that one of my neighbors must have left.I placed it in my recycle bin. Off to go retrieve it!

Have a wonderful week!

8:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG! I totally remember that chocolate palette. I called Gloss.com every day for 2 weeks about it. I got no palette and now Gloss.com is as gone as the palette. I guess everyone wanted that silly thing.

I have not heard of the new Avon parfum. Christian LaCroix, that is swanky and unexpected from Avon. I will check it out.
I hope you are staying warm.
Kisses to the dogs.

1:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love the Sonia Kashuk one.
Your camera takes great pictures. The colors are so vivid. If I took a picture of that palette with my camera everything would look a mute shade of gray.

What camera do you use and what setting do you have it on for indoor photos of makeup close up?

I thought I had outgrown Avon, but you make me curious.

2:17 PM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Christian LaCroix partners with Avon?! Wow...It's not your grandmas Avon anymore!

8:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Avon eyeshadows are very pretty.
I am not a perfume fan, but just the fact it is by LaCroix is interesting. I wonder if this will be out here in the EU? I am in Germany. We do get Avon because all the military women love it and sell it here. I will be looking for it.

Goodbye from Stutgart

7:48 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Actually, I like the Sonia Kashuk neutral eye palette better, J. So glad you found it and love it, too. I don't wear eye shadow, but I do wear "tons" of mascara. :)

Have you checked out the OPI Holiday collection? I slapped on Who Are You Wearing? from the collection and LOVE it! It's "blurple," but indoors it looks navy blue/black, and in the sun it looks like a shimmery deep purple. Gorgeous!

Hugs!

8:43 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

I love anything Bobbi Brown, but I have drifted to Sonya from time to time. Since it sounds like you might be a fair redhead (I, being a transparent blonde -- no blonde jokes, please -- pale as a ghost)I will give this chocolate palette. Chocolate anything is yummy!
Love your voice, Monkey Posh!

4:58 AM  
Blogger priscilla said...

I am actually not far from purchasing my second neutral eye palette from Sonia Kashuk. That's one of the best palettes I've ever owned, and that eye base is the best.

Not my mom's Avon?! You mean no perfume bottles shaped like wiener dogs?! *gasps in horror*

I hope your family and friends in OK are not adversely affected by all the ice and are all warm and cozy!

7:24 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

PJ,

That Sonia pallete is so pretty. I like her make-up and find that the shadows have lots of pigment.

Yes, I do remember the BB pallete. I passed on it last year (yes, I saw it and wish I knew that you were pining away for it.) This is a different year, and that calls for new cravings.

Hope Hazel is good.
xoxox
b

6:37 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I'm catching up on your blog after being Laura Ingalls Wilder for 3 days: fetching firewood for Pa, and dining by candlelight with Alfonzo, or Alonzo, or whatever the hell his name was. (Where is that damn Proof & his iphone when I need him) No electricity + me = one pissed off ***. I love the brown eyeshadow. I don't know if it is good for my colorings or not. ?? what do you think?

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home