Monday, November 26, 2007

Very Thankful

I know I am a few days late for a Thanksgiving post, but I wanted to say a little something about a few things I am thankful for right now.


I am thankful for my friends and family. I am very fortunate to have friends from Los Angeles to New York --in between and beyond. A lot of my friends I have had for over 20 years. I am also thankful to the internet so that my friends whom I live far away from and I can have a daily connection. I try to be a good friend, and I am fortunate to have friends who are very good to me.
I am thankful that my Grandma who is 93 is still with us. She only has flickers now of reality and rememberance, but she is still silly and loving and ornery. My Grandma is my favorite person on the planet. I love her and I am very thankful for her and what she has meant to me throughout my life. My Grandma has lived a long and eventful life and that reminds me of how thankful I am for my own good health. I thank God every day for my health and I never take it for granted.
I am also thankful for my dogs.

My Forrest (the dalmation) is 12 and he is getting quite cranky and elderly. He has become a bit loopy and at times he is difficult to deal with but I love him, and I am very thankful he is with me. My Finley is sweet and a pleaser, I am thankful for him too. He is very cute dressed up like a Chicago Hot Dog. I know, right?


I am thankful that my husband gets me fattening gifts like this cookie and chocolate covered strawberry gift from
SHARI'S BERRIES . It is a wonderful website full of delicious, blissful sweets.


Shari's has gourmet cookies---delicious. They ship anywhere in the U.S. and I have always been pleased with them....but hello I am always pleased with chocolate and cookies.

I am also thankful for HANCOCK GOURMET LOBSTER who provided my Thanksgiving dinner straight from Maine. We had lobster this Thanksgiving because I felt like being NON traditional. We had lobster rolls and lobster pot pies. It was delicious. Hancock has wonderful, fresh food and fast reliable shipping. When you cannot get to Boston or Maine, Hancock can bring a little East Coast culinary bliss to your doorstep. I just placed another order from them today. Boston, Mass has the best lobster rolls I have ever had. You can find lobster rolls just about everywhere in Boston. I am going to Boston tomorrow morning for some business and the first thing I am doing when I get off the plane is getting in a cab and heading to Quincy Market to eat lobster rolls till I am full. I really do not know anywhere in the Chicago area with good lobster rolls, but my favorite place in NYC for lobster rolls is Ed's Lobster Bar. Ed's is located at 222 Lafayette Street in New York City and the website is ED'S LOBSTER BAR . I am a tad obsessed with lobster rolls, and I could seriously talk about them for 3 more paragraphs.....but I won't. I will just say that they are good and if you have never had one, you must try one before you die.

Lastly, I am thankful for my peaceful place in the world. Sometimes my life seems so busy and hectic and I feel overwhelmed....then I look out my back door and see the geese landing in my pond and I realize how blessed I am for all the great things and people in my life.

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving and here is wishing everyone a beautiful holiday season.

(Photos from MonkeyPosh LLC)

12 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Lobster rolls for Thanksgiving dinner? That is WICKED AWESOME!!!

Thanks for a great post. Enjoy your trip to Boston.

5:45 AM  
Blogger Water Into Wine said...

The photo of the fall leaf against the dark background is fabulous. I must say, I feel really sorry for Finley in the Hot Dog costume. Hmm, a dog destined for the catwalk.

After reading about your non-traditional TG feast, I MUST eat lobster!!! Time to retrieve the lobster pot from storage.

Cheers

6:42 AM  
Blogger Fightin' Mad Mary said...

Please give Forrest and Finley some big holiday kisses from me.

I love a non-traditional Thanksgiving!! We did Chilean Sea Bass from Whole Foods, Lovely! I'll have to check out Hancock's for some lobster rolls in the near future!

Have a wonderful trip - even if it is for business be sure to take some time out for pleasure!

2:47 PM  
Blogger Pia said...

Hi ParisJ,
Wow,what a heartwarming post! You're quite a woman.
The photo of the leaf against the woody ground is beautiful. You're very artistic as well as being a fashionista,beauty expert,expert blogger and a lovely person.
I didn't know lobster rolls is lobster in bread rolls. I have never had lobster that way but it looks delicious. I thought these rolls were eggrolls with lobster in them. Your Thanksgiving dinner must have been fabulous having lobster. I am going to check out Hancock's site.
Finley makes such a cute hotdog,I can eat him up, he's so sweet!
Billy Harvey- What can I say? He's a wow! Thanks for posting about him. I went on his web site yesterday and listened to his music. Love,love it! I emailed him and he emailed me back. He's a really nice guy and so humble.He's def. going to be famous!
Hope you had a great trip to Boston and all is well.

5:53 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

PS Forrest is a sweetie too! I want a dog.

5:54 AM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

And, I am thankful to know you and for all of your wonderful food tips, my darling.

Hugs!

10:51 AM  
Blogger WinterWheat said...

Lovely post, J. We should all be thankful for our place in the world. :-)

6:18 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is such a nice post. I cannot believe today marks a week since Thanksgiving has gone by. This season is flying.

Thanks for this thought and I love your photographs.

5:20 AM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

What a beautiful and very amusing post.

I love that picture of Finley as a weiner! He looks good enough to eat (not.)

Bless your grandmother who is 93 years old!

6:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love this picture of the flying birds. It reminds me of the ocean or South Carolina or something.

Do you live in South Carolina?

I love the dogs too.

The fall leaf is stunning.

Thank you for a nice post.

3:17 AM  
Blogger TessaJ said...

OMG! That hot dog picture is hilarious!!!! Hope your holidays turn out grand :)

12:20 AM  
Blogger Girl-Woman said...

I didn't know Finley had a haute friend like Forrest. I had three amigos living in my casa for a while (daughter's dog Walter and our beloved Bichon Frise, Dichon, who has passed on to dog heaven).

Holler to the dogs from Bentley, the Beagle!

5:01 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home