Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Random Lovely Things

I am not a huge Jane Krakowski fan, but I really liked the photo layout her and Tina Fey did in this month's InStyle magazine. One picture I particularly liked was this one below of Jane in the hat with the fuschia feathers. I find it so lovely and random and interesting.The photo of Jane reminds me a little of the photo below taken by famous Italian photographer Gian Paolo Barbieri in Italy in the 1960s. I love the unique use of feathers around the face.

The above picture is from a very cool book my husband gave me before we went to Italy.
The book is Dolce Vita Style by Jean-Pierre Dufreigne. Dufreigne is a film critic who loves all things cinema. This book has beautiful photos of Italian style from the 50's, 60's and 70's. The cover photo is of Anita Eckberg, who is the timeless epitome of La Dolce Vita Style immortalized in Frederic Fellini's beautiful movie, La Dolce Vita.
This is a beautiful photo of Anita Eckberg from the scene in La Dolce Vita where she jumps into the Fontana di Trevi. So sensual. The bulk of the movie is about the high flying days of Roma along the Via Veneto in the 70's. I believe the movie came out in 1972. . The Via Veneto is but a shadow of it's former self in it's former glory, but it is gorgeous and historic none the less.
Photo I took along the Via Veneto in Rome.
This is a photo of the gorgeous Fontana di Trevi I took while I was in Rome. There is truly no more stylish and sensual place than Italy.

As the title of this post says, this is just my take on some random and lovely things for Tuesday.

Vive la dolce vita!

(photos property of InStyle, La Dolce Vita Style, and MonkeyPosh LLC)

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful post.
How a Jane K. photo turned into an Italian post is beyond me.

J, you are so quirky yet classy.

9:08 AM  
Blogger Water Into Wine said...

I love La Dolce Vita, and Anita Eckberg, and Fellini (Amarcord is also excellent.)

Excellent choice of photos.

9:10 AM  
Blogger baconwrappedfriedchicken said...

*swoon* I NEED to go to Italy... well, maybe renting La Dolce Vita would be a good start!

xox

10:06 AM  
Blogger Patricia Perry said...

From Jane K. to an Italian post? Let's see - Jane starred on Broadway in "Nine," which was based on Fellini's "8 1/2" so there's a bit of a connection.

Love the post, love the pics. I missed the Tina Fey and Jane Krakowski pics in In Style, but then I haven't had a chance to read it closely yet.

10:44 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

stunning. love it.

4:52 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*Hello Man Over Board-

Thanks, and um...my girl Pat explained how Jane K turned into and Italian post brilliantly!!!

Hi WIW-

How are you? I would not know because I have not heard from you. HA. I will have to check out Amacord and yes yes I still need to check out Cinema Paradiso. Thanks for the photo comments.

*Hi Angela Toots!

Yes--get some "candy wine" and some Marscarpone cheese and crackers and veg in front of La Dolce Vita--ahhh sounds like a wonderful evening.
xoxo

*Hello Pat-
THANK YOU for your brill job of explaining the Jane K. connection. I can always count on you to tie EVERYTHING in with a theater connection!!!!
Thanks for the kind words on the photos. The Tina/Jane layout is lovely. Tina looks so pretty and you know it can be hit or miss with her.

lovely day to all.

5:16 AM  
Blogger Pia said...

Ciao bella ParisJ!
Thank you for the gorgeous photos of Italy, and La Dolce Vita. Love the movie and the photos make me homesick for my hometown. Perhaps one day we can travel there together and stay at my late grandfather's rustic home? You would love my town,it is one hour's drive south of Rome, in the hills.
Jane K is lovely in the photo,thanks for posting it.
Baci and arrivederci,
Pia
PS Did I really mispell Ruffino as Ruffiano in your blog? Lol!

1:49 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Those hats are awesome, and nostalgic of the days when women dressed so beautifully, in my opinion.

8:00 PM  
Blogger k said...

i loved jane krakowski in "alfie"- the most gorgeous pair of legs i've ever seen.

great post! as always!

1:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home