Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Happy Birthday Jess!

Today is my cousin Jessica's birthday! I wish her the happiest of days full of all things fun and exciting!
This is Jessica and me when we were little girls in Oklahoma. We were the best of buddies. Jessica's sister Leslie, Jessica and I were all around the same age and we were always together when we were small. Then, divorce happened. Egos and ignorance and resentment set in (among some of the adults involved) and Leslie and Jessica and I were not able to see each other any more. Sad considering we lived about 15 minutes from each other. Divorce always hurts the children involved most of all in my humble opinion.
A couple of years ago Jessica and Leslie and I were able to re-establish contact at a family function. In our family, functions can be quite traumatic and I had a sort of a crisis, and Jessica came to save me. She is kind, funny (albeit a little sarcastic), a very hard worker, accomplished , and I am so glad we have become, besides cousins--FRIENDS.
This is Jessica and me last summer on a dinner cruise in Chicago. Now that we are adults we get to decide to hang out together, and I feel lucky to have her as my family.
Love ya cuz!
HAPPY BIRTHDAY!

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You look just like my daughter when you were little. Cute!
christa

12:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

any cousin of Jen's is a cousin of mine (in the way of the Lord).

Feliz Cumpleanos Jessica.

12:52 PM  
Blogger violetnoir said...

Happy Birthday, Jess! I am so glad that you and J have re-connected after all of these years.

Hugs!

2:07 PM  
Blogger Euronewyorker said...

Awww, Peej, you were such a cute little girl (and Cousin Jessica, too). Glad you guys are back in touch again and having fun together.

X0

11:34 AM  
Blogger Carolyn said...

I love the pictures of you two! It is a precious gift to have such a friendship with a family member. I'm glad that you have reconnected.

12:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home