Saturday, November 10, 2007

Gillette Mach 3 for you and me

Made for a man, but strong enough for a woman?
I know this is a razor for men, but girls let me tell you--I love the Mach 3 for me and I am a
total girly girl.Honestly, I am not a talented nor skilled shaver of leg. I mean, I do shave my legs regularly...alas I lack artistry on the knee and ankle and I am the unfortunate Queen of nicks. I have tried all the fancy, girly razors in the pastel colors with the pretty names like Venus Devine (which also sounds like a stripper name) and Schick Intuition and Schick Silk Effects. All of them sound so lovely, and they do work well, but out of all the razors I have ever tried on my gams, the Mach 3 is by far my favorite. A friend of a makeup artist who applies makeup to the legs of celebrities (yes there is someone who has that job--Official Celebrity Leg Cosmetic Application Expert) told me that said friend who applies leg makeup will only use the Mach 3 Razor to prep the legs of her celebrity clients. Who knew everyone went around with leg base on? I have seen the stuff that is like spray on pantyhose and that leaves a nice sheen, but that is totally different than makeup for the leg. I had no idea.
So my point is that I heard about the Mach 3, went through a skeptical phase because it is a man razor , then tried it and was surprised by how much I love it.
It is pretty masculine looking and it does not come with a vibrating option--oh Venus who are you trying to fool? However, I get the best results ever with the Mach 3. No nicks, cuts, and no more cactus knee. I know, I know, cactus knee-ewwww, but be honest- we all sport a little cacti in the winter.
You can find the Gillette Mach 3 at most drugstores and Target, etc.
You can also find it at DRUGSTORE.COM --that is where I ordered mine.
Have a smoothe day!
(photo from drugstore.com)

12 Comments:

Blogger Patricia Perry said...

Using a man's razor on my womanly legs? What a concept! I've never considered it, but your post intrigues me.... Hey, if it's good enough for the leg makeup expert, it ought to be good enough for me.

How are you liking the Burt's Bees soap?

9:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You are funny. Knee cactus.
Didn't you once say knee beards too?

You are nuts!

1:52 PM  
Blogger Swirl Girl said...

I am guilty... I use this. I have tried all the ones you have, including the Stripper... but you are so right! But, you cannot claim my title, b/c I am the Queen of Nicks. My legs are bigger than yours, so I have way more nicks anyway. (you can wear my crown sometimes if you want). Loves.

7:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL...cactus knee!

7:11 AM  
Blogger AnyasGardenPerfumes said...

I have some of the shaver tops to Mach 3 in my cabinet, but can't find the handle. So off I went last week, and instead of buying a handle, got seduced somehow into something called a Quattro and didn't notice until I got home it has batteries. Looks scary! I think I'll return it and go back for a Mach 3 after reading your glowing reports. I had switched to other brands because I always had problems with the head popping off, but try, try again.

7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Please say YOU DID NOT EVER SAY KNEE BEARDS. Noooo!

9:19 AM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

*HI Pat-

How are you? I know, right? I was shocked at what the leg makeup artist had to say--so interesting.
Honestly I have not used my new Burts Bees yet, I am waiting to finish the ones I am currently using. I will let you know.

*Hi Anon-who must be Lisa-
Yes, one time after a margarita or two I may have said knee beard, or even knee ankle. ACK!
Hope you are well!

*Hi C-
Hooray another man razor user!
You can be Queen of Nicks and I will be Princess of Cuts --cool?
Thanks for sharing your crown!
xoxo

*Hi Greeneyes--
Cactus knee is a icky term, but that is the most accurate piction I could come up with.
I hope you are doing wonderful!

*Hi Anya--
Thanks for visiting. I have had problems in the past with the Venus heads falling off or being loose. So annoying!
I really love the Mach 3, and if you do try it, I hope it works great for you.

*Anon--
Ahem....guilty as charged. Tequila makes me have a forked tongue! HA

Lovely evening to all!

3:10 PM  
Blogger BarbaraFromCalifornia said...

Maybe you have hit on something here about using a man's razor on our legs.

When I shave my legs, I am so prone to cuts and nicks it drives me batty. This Mach 3 sounds ideal.

Thanks for sharing.

4:17 PM  
Blogger Parisjasmal said...

Hi Barb-

If you are prone to nicks and cuts (as most of us are) I would suggest you try this razer. It is not expensive--so totally worth a shot.
xoxo to you and Argon!

5:59 AM  
Blogger EMILY said...

i am SO mach-3-ing it the next time i hit the grocery store!

blackie hates a cacti,
e

2:41 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I ONLY use men's razors, women's razors a) don't work and b) are for sissies! I adore the Gilette Fusion. I haven't used a women's razor since the early 90s. My mom still uses a FLICKER which doesn't even work, in my profesh opinion. Lovely Tuesday night to you, Parisj!

6:35 PM  
Blogger k said...

i steal this regularly from hubs. i love the mach 3 turbo even more.

1:24 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home